Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
I mean.....the Kaguya clan with the white-haired guy who obeyed Madara was a thing about the same time the Madara statue showed up at the Valley of the End....
Um... no? I don't recall that ever being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
Yeah I knew it was a joke and I had more originally, then on a whim I deleted it for the more I wrote felt too corny and I probably should have gone back and made sure it flowed but instead I just hit send.

Kaguya exist because Black Zetsu as the master schemer exist.

Black Zetsu exists as the master schemer for The Problem of Evil and style choices of the story. If you make a human who you want the ast to empathize with, also be a multi generational super gambit planner it is hard to empathize with them if they cause a world war but also is the cause of all chaos, strife, and suffering of all the various protagonists for these several decades. You just can not empathize with that, in the end you no longer want to see this other humans point of view for even if his viewpoint is valid his actions are unforgivable. Vader may be personally saved but you can not undo the vast war Lord Vader / Anakin Skywalker waged. You can not undo the horrors man is capable of.

Thus you create a demon / serpent / monster figure such as Black Zetsu.

Now I do not think Black Zetsu and Kaguya was the original final big bad. But after 6 years and 300 plus comics since Tobi's declaration of War, and 4 years and 200 plus comics of Edo Madara's introduction the urge to displace culpability not just on a single character you built up for so long is a choice the author has to make to displace or not to displace.

I understand why Kishimoto made the choices he did I just wished the final product was better for it could have been with some massaging. I personally would have made different choices but I am not complaining for Naruto was amazing.
Zetsu was never really presented as being more than just a weird plant guy in Akatsuki. All this stuff is backtracked into it when they reveal the Kaguya stuff.

I agree that he should have done it better if he wanted to do this, it just feels completely out of nowhere.