View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XI

1. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XI

Elsa managed to choke back a nervous peal of laughter at the customers' comments about the rain. The power to cause a mighty downpour by a mere effort of will could save the entire Reaches, yet the vampire was using it instead to bring down one raven, and over a place that did not even need water. It was almost too funny.

Focus, Elsa. Focus.

Morrslieb, you need to hide. Somewhere. Anywhere. Underwater with only your head sticking out, or in the reeds, or in an old stump. I'll cause a distraction on your end.

She pronounced the words of the spell, trying to use a conversational tone to avoid drawing attention to herself.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marsh Lights. We're in the marshes, so that's very appropriate.
    Casting 6+: (2d10)[5][4](9)

Only one light will be created, so that it's less of an obvious "Look at the distraction!" and might be mistaken by the Ravenmouthers for a helpful pointer by one of their own wizards. The light will be placed about 30 yards away from Morrslieb; close enough to be conceivably the spot where he fell, and far enough that it's not too likely someone will chance upon him. It will move away from Morrslieb at a speed of 8 yards per round, which happens to be both the spell's minimum speed and the speed of a walking bird.

Morrslieb himself will try to hide. His untrained Concealment is vs. 19, but I'm hoping he's getting a bonus from his small size, dark color, and the pouring rain.

(d100)[64]
    Fortune: (d100)[69]

Edit: Argh. Here's hoping the marsh light buys Morrslieb another round or two to find a better spot. Or does that roll have to "stand", i.e. Morrslieb thinks he's well-hidden when he's not?
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2019-11-20 at 07:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.