View Single Post

Thread: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XI

1. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XI

"The Jackal is there," whispered Elsa. "There is no escape."

I'm so sorry, Morrslieb. So sorry for sending you to your death.

She was tempted to throw fire in Nahorek's face in defiance, but serving as the vessel of Elsa's spite would be cold comfort for a dead raven. She instead tried to cut away at the strands of the rain spell to allow Morrslieb to take to the skies. Would it work on this strange magic? She owed it to her faithful familiar to try.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll try as TheSummoner suggests, but I'm skeptical, as the rain is not a conventional spell. We may still learn something useful in the attempt.

Dispel 13: (3d10)[1][8][2](11)
    WP at -50 = 38. Now would be the time for the dice gods to smile down on me again. (d100)[6]

Edit: Oh that's greaaaat. Amazing test, awful casting roll. I don't suppose Adelbert has *checks rulebook* a small silver hammer?

I think I'd better make my peace with Morrslieb's death. He'll still hop around (Defensive Stance), just in case the dice gods hate Nahorek as much as they hate Elsa and Morrslieb.

The magic somehow got lost along the way from Elsa to Morrslieb, perhaps extinguished by the rain. The expression on Elsa's face went from fear to a deep, mournful resignation.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2019-11-20 at 10:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.