Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
You're hypothetically a 20th level Eldritch Knight at this point--you've got teleportation built in to your Action Surge, twice per short rest. If someone puts you in a Force Cage, you can Teleport outside and then hit them with 8 attacks. Misty Step is redundant and not a good investment of free picks.
Ah, yes. I suspect that was what I was thinking of, and conflated the two. Regardless, Eldritch Knights get to teleport out of Force Cages, up to unreachable ledges, etc., and that's definitely a trick in their favor, in comparison to other fighter archetypes. Can you tell it has been a while since I played an EK?

BTW, I wouldn't Shatter those kobolds but I would willingly Thunderclap or Sword Burst the biggest concentration of them, and then War Magic one of the survivors. Cantrip AoEs are cheap and reasonably effective.

(The bigger problem is what to do if the kobolds are dispersed and using their slings instead of meleeing in Fireball Formation.)
Sure. I'd also consider Thunderwave (added bonus of potentially pushing away anyone left alive).