Quote Originally Posted by Monstar3014 View Post
I strongly suspect the recipient of the Sending to be the next comic's cliffhanger. Either A: the recipient is dead/incapacitated or B: somehow it's intercepted/ too late. The Airship runs at the Speed of Plot so they'll show up AS Xykon realizes the gate is underneath him and not behind one of the doors.
I didn't want to give the Giant ideas, but since you mention it anyways: The Evil guys (you know who, forgot what they're called) could use the time V owes them at just that exact moment and make V send something entirely different from what V intended.

That makes it unlikely V is contacting Inky and the kids. Messing up V's private life may be fun for some Evil guys, but they seem to have a secret plan that's much more important to them.

Or perhaps the Sending works perfectly and V is indeed contacting Inky. After all, V could have learnt from Hilgya's example and have decided to show a bit more emotion. (I know people hate her, but come on, she devoted years of her life to finding Durkon and then wasted two spells on making sure he understands how much he hurt her - that's probably more passion than V has shown in the entirety of time Inky and V were happily married. Whatever Durkon thinks of her reaction, he certainly can't complain that she doesn't seem to care. Plus, Hilgya demonstrated it is totally possible to 'solve' relationship problems with magic, an approach that might have inspired V to use a (much less offensive) spell to tackle V's marriage problems.)

It is interesting to contrast the way V and Hilgya deal with emotions. They react pretty much the same when it comes to anger (and both have a habit of using excessive violence), but while Hilgya is very emotional in other ways, too, V seems to not strongly express any other emotion besides anger. (And guilt, perhaps, but that was genocide level guilt and V ran away, possibly so the others would not witness this emotional outbreak)

Could reflect their religions - V doesn't talk about religion often, but did mention some ancient elven gods of knowledge who likely approve of V's decisions to go save the world instead of making up with Inky, while Loki approves of using fire as default approach to any problem.

(Interestingly, the way Durkon deals with his love life ALSO reflects his belief ... impregnating a woman and then leaving her does sound like something Thor would do. For entirely different reasons, but still. Interesting coincidence. Unlike V and Hilgya, I don't think the author intended it in his case.)