[A Secluded Desert]

Yeah. That's definitely Zee.
Only Zee would be this brand of normally-relieving goofy as a giant monster.

And really, it's incredibly relieving to that bit of animal-brain screaming to find a different, less immediately predatory planet to live on.
That just leaves the social part of the brain quivering.

This would not typically be a problem, if Zee wasn't an almost-exclusive member of the nowadays very short list of still-alive friends he has and he was terribly concerned about making her genuinely angry with him.
Which seems probable.
But hey, at least this internal fear is preventing him from criticizing Zee from her- wait, she's eating the world isn't she?

"Ri-ight...eating is important. Cool, I understand. Maybe not the particulars you have going on here, but..."
Particulars like that weird rabbit thing in the distance. He feels like its staring at him whenever he isn't staring at it.
It probably isn't. But it feels like it.
"Uh, hey, I feel sort of obligated to make sure, but...is this a permanent thing? This 'heavenly' change to the place? Gonna spread? Cover the entire planet? Doom everyone to a life of fearing that strange glossy animals are going to be watching them sleep for the rest of their lives?"
Okay, the rabbit is definitely going to bother him.

Which is definitely not at all stalling for her question, which is precisely what he doesn't really want to talk about right now.
He's very obviously and immediately uncomfortable with it.
"Well, I have gone a few days over our agreed time budget with the 'Icon', so I'd like to start with apologizing about that. On the flip side, I have definitely...learned some very interesting things lately."
A very vague truth that is probably less incriminating than "I was definitely and only mostly metaphorically poking horrible faerie danger with my finger this whole time".