Hello everyone.

Currently in a campaign that has

2 bards
1 Dragonborn Wizard
1 Elven Bladesinger wizard
1 Princess of Sorcerer/ Bard/ Barbarian multiclass
1 Fighter
1 Totem Barbarian

I had been playing a Coastal land Druid however, have missed a lot of sessions due to life commitments and the campaign has evolved quite a bit and is much more exploratory of the world. My character was connected more to a place and last session I made felt a little off me showing up somewhere I normally wouldn’t.
Speaking to my DM, I’m able to retire said Druid and create a new character to somewhat reflect my availability in the game.
Themes like the wanderer or questing knight or lore researcher comes to mind, which would explain why my character isn’t always with the group and might show up randomly in the adventure.

I like playing classes with magic abilities, and my 5e experiences have been mostly with druids, paladin, clerics, low level bards and wizards.

UA is allowed
Point Buy
1 common 1 uncommon magic item

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Considering all bolded parts, I strongly suggest to go Ranger, with possibly a dash of Cleric, Monk or Druid.

Explanation.
1. Pure Ranger is a solid mix of martial and magic: you get some great spells to use, you are as effective in martial melee and range.
2. Since you played a Druid, you know how to use half of the spells a Ranger can learn, yet you also have some exclusives. So you can easily grow into character and learn how to play it.
More importantlly, you can still take care of healing without going full Cleric.
3. If UA is allowed, variant rules may allow you to change Fighting Style as you progress.

4. Dash of multiclass: not necessary, but may make you feel more comfortable.
- Cleric: Life Cleric will make you best healer, Tempest Cleric would go well with Lightning Arrow, Arcane Cleric would give you Booming Blade.
- Monk: extra mobility, extra tankiness (Dodge as bonus action), go Shadow for extra spells.
- Druid (Land): extra comfort for you.

So, targeting a level 11 character, I'd suggest: Life Cleric 1 or Tempest Cleric 2 / Gloomstalker Ranger 9.
Pick Ring of Spell Storing as your uncommon item: you'll store some Bless or Healing Words and give it to Fighter, or keep it for you so you can make emergency heals even more often.
Go Wood Elf with Elven Accuracy, play ranged, as the most classic way to go.
Or go race with STR boost, pick Dual Wielder feat, and play close range / melee range, tag-teaming with Barbarian and Fighter when safe, retreating a bit to throw javelins or use lance when needed.