View Single Post

Thread: Corporate WW IC

1. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Corporate WW IC

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    It’s interesting to think about, but not really in play. The novelty wears off quickly. You want to alternate between being the most suspicious (to try to get lynched) and the most townlike (to get NK’ed).
    From a certain perspective, it's not fun to play as because not only is it a playstyle that doesn't give you any practice at other playstyles (a wolf pretending to a villager, or a seer pretending to be a villager, can still help teach you good villager gameplay), but it's also just kinda boring *refusing* to play, essentially. Trying to lose to paradoxically win is...well, if it were a movie, you'd say "that movie's bad" and a fan might respond "yeah but it's bad on purpose" and like how could you even argue with that? And that's the jester playstyle in a nutshell.

Buuuuuuut it's also not fun to play with. Because unless the person is doing some big-brain play...well actually this game was a good example of the point I'm trying to make: any role that rewards dying, or even just slightly alleviates the penalties of dying, at least slightly encourages you to be an *******. And the jester role strips away everything that isn't that: the jester is trying to die, and the easiest way to die is everybody wants you dead no matter what side they think you're on, and the easiest way to get everybody wanting you dead no matter what side they think you're on is if you're actively making the game un-fun to play for everybody else.

Can you play the jester in a more subdued way? Sure. There are subtle ways to trick people into thinking you're being super-duplicitous and trying to hustle them, get the whole town turned against. But however much effort you put into playing the jester in a way that's clever and interesting, this right here will work 100% of the time.

EDIT: It's at least certainly how I play basically any time death isn't a threat to my role in a game. Sapo's game where the dead still got to talk and vote? There's AV, constantly being an a-hole about things. The time game where I could die once and survive? A-hole the whole way through. This game, where death wouldn't stop my communication entirely and I could take a big risk? {Scrubbed} At least this time the narrator got a sorta-apology for what was about to go down before I starting screwing everything up. >.>
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-12-13 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Scrubbed

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew