Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
The event is understandably tough, given the prerequisite. Thankfully, since the nodes are single-type, you could build single-type parties and dominate them, but doing so means you miss out on bonus drops, so some diversification is recommended. Thankfully also, bonus drops are sprinkled among rare and common Servants alike, so you're probable to have something that gets you bonuses, even if that something is Mash and the Christmas Welfare Squad (now featuring Altera).
That's the thing. Besides Mash, the Welfare Duo, a level 80 Jaguar Warrior, and a level 70 Ushi, I had no leveled event characters. A level 25 Leonidas, a level 1 Hohenheim, and a level 12 Benki were not going to contribute at all. I did get lucky with a Gil and a Medusa being pulled, but at level 1, they are not at all going to help in fights. I would rather stuff the back line with them, and have the front line be characters who can handle the fight themselves. Unless you think you would totally use a level 1 GilCaster from your support list, I don't think I will be putting him in my front line for a while. When the Ifreet can nearly kill the high level riders I bring to fight it, I don't think a non rider would ever live that part of the node. Especially when the only non event servant on my team for the caster fight is a NP 4 Ozy, with event CE cause of course, I don't feel slapping a level 1 into the front line would be that good of an idea.

Also, if you didn't notice, this event has nodes that drop only one of the shop items. So you can very much run out of relevant event characters to put on a team and still have plenty of space for non event powerhouses to carry you.

But yeah, I will totally bring a level 1 Gil and Hohenheim to the eventual Silver Drop Grind. I'm sure they will totally be able to handle the assassins with 200k HP. Or I could just bring Mash, support Merlin, and use my own Nero(with event CE cause of course) to one shot the bosses while the two level 1 guys hide in the back line. Cause that would be the only way I could fill the team slots with event servants. Cause if you didn't notice, there's only 4 event servants who boost silver drops. And then when the Gold Grind Node opens, my back line is obviously going to be Ushi, Artoria, and Altera, with the front being Lily and support Enkidu. But that still leaves me with one open slot, and I'm out of event servants to put there. So it would clearly be filled by a non event Lancer. And then the Sand grind is open season for any archer you have, cause Sand is only boosted by the CE, so event servants don't matter in the slightest there. The fun one will be the Berserker filled Bronze node, as I only have a single one of those leveled, and unless you think Leonidas taunting for a single hit is going to sway the whole battle in my favour, I'm going to bring support Altera, Jaguar, with the three low level lancers in the back, then find some powerhouse to add in for the last slot. Likely Nero Caster, as her Second skill will be super good there.

But yeah, that "bring more event servants" thing only matters early event. Once the big nodes open up, unless you have all of the event servants, and have them all max level, I don't think most people will be able to make teams with only event servants. Especially not the Silver node. Only 4 there, and support only lets you double one of them.