Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
Can I just chime in here about how incredibly bad design it is to have a limited time event that is gated and requires completing the final singularity before you're allowed to even participate in it?

I'm blazing my way through Babylonia as fast as I can, and having to fast forward and sometimes outright skip story cutscenes in the process, in hopes that I'll finish quickly and have enough time to do the event. I've already lost at least two days already. This is blatantly unfair and if I were earlier in the game, I would have no chance of participating in the event at all.
I would advise not to do that. Babylonia's the best experience in FGO - at least that I've had - and you'll get a re-run for this next year.

Plus it's a lot of AP to grind for the shop currencies, and as it uses the same random roulette mechanics as the last Christmas Event it'll take a while to clear out each prize pool to get Altera's ascension mats and NPs. Comparatively speaking the free missions themselves are much more of a slog as well.