Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
Yeah I'm just doing the back line of event servants. At least my attempts to summon Eresh got me a ton of CEs, so I've got several MLB for the bronze and silver drop CEs, and one MLB of the gold drop CE.
This.

Fact is, Saambell's right, not everyone has max-leveled every Servant available, and thus not everyone can pick and choose whenever event Servants are a thing. But even if you can't really field any strong event Servants, you can put a few weak ones on your back line and lead with a strong non-event option. Heck, most of the guest Servants I'm bringing aren't event Servants at all - they're just really strong and have event CEs equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
Can I just chime in here about how incredibly bad design it is to have a limited time event that is gated and requires completing the final singularity before you're allowed to even participate in it?
Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
I would advise not to do that. Babylonia's the best experience in FGO - at least that I've had - and you'll get a re-run for this next year.

Plus it's a lot of AP to grind for the shop currencies, and as it uses the same random roulette mechanics as the last Christmas Event it'll take a while to clear out each prize pool to get Altera's ascension mats and NPs. Comparatively speaking the free missions themselves are much more of a slog as well.
Pretty much this. Yes, it's frustrating to newer players - or those taking a leisurely pace - that the event is gated behind such a late chapter. But the fact is, this event is hard - people fresh out of Fuyuki would be hard-pressed to clear it even with a stable of event Servants.

But Babylonia is totally worth pacing through. The story is some of the best writing in the game thus far, the fights are really good - tough, but not in the bashing-my-head-against-a-wall way a certain Camelot fight was - and it's a pretty amazing experience overall. (There's a reason, I think, that the anime chose to jump in there, rather than, say, America.) Also, storywise, this event only makes sense - as much as any of them do - if you've followed the events of Babylonia.

Anyway, this event will be back next year - and it will be lighter and easier, and you'll probably be better situated to crush it. So don't sweat it too much. Besides, Santa Altera is good, but she's not the best a welfare Servant can be. I mean, she's solid, but she's no Chloe. So don't worry if you miss her this go-round.

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
What's frustrating me is the lack of starting NP on the shop CEs. I've got the firepower to handle these guys, especially with Merlin on the bonus list, it just takes forever clawing my way to 100% in the first two waves. Particularly while trying out Abby against the berserkers - for someone with a triple arts deck her NP gain leaves something to be desired.
Part of the challenge, isn't it? You could take an absolute force of non-event Servants and non-event CEs and pretty much crush every node. Or you could take non-event Servants with event CEs for a solid advantage, with a slightly improved reward. Or event Servants with non-event CEs just to push your edge a bit, while enjoying greater rewards still. Or if you're brave, event Servants and event CEs, the combination of which is definitely less than optimal, and test your skills for maximum reward.

I actually kind of appreciate it. Unlike specific challenge levels - where you basically have to push yourself or fail completely - this event lets you scale your play level to your desired rewards. Play easy mode and enjoy leisurely farming, or play hardcore and rack up the drops.