1. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    I would advise not to do that. Babylonia's the best experience in FGO - at least that I've had - and you'll get a re-run for this next year.
    Too late. It had to be done. Besides, I liked Camelot better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Pretty much this. Yes, it's frustrating to newer players - or those taking a leisurely pace - that the event is gated behind such a late chapter. But the fact is, this event is hard - people fresh out of Fuyuki would be hard-pressed to clear it even with a stable of event Servants.
    Doesn't matter, they should still be allowed to try. I struggled a lot with the Onigashima event too because I was a new player at the time, but I still managed to get most of what I needed from there.

But Babylonia is totally worth pacing through. The story is some of the best writing in the game thus far, the fights are really good - tough, but not in the bashing-my-head-against-a-wall way a certain Camelot fight was - and it's a pretty amazing experience overall. (There's a reason, I think, that the anime chose to jump in there, rather than, say, America.) Also, storywise, this event only makes sense - as much as any of them do - if you've followed the events of Babylonia.
    I was most of the way to the end before I started skipping cutscenes, and I can safely say that I liked Camelot more.

Anyway, this event will be back next year - and it will be lighter and easier, and you'll probably be better situated to crush it. So don't sweat it too much. Besides, Santa Altera is good, but she's not the best a welfare Servant can be. I mean, she's solid, but she's no Chloe. So don't worry if you miss her this go-round.
    I know you don't mean it this way, but saying "just wait til next year" comes off as more than a little privileged and condescending. With all due respect, it's quite easy to dismiss the problem when you weren't affected by it.

If the rerun were in say, January or February rather than a whole year away, this might be a reasonable argument. But even then I'd be missing out on the stuff everyone else gets from the rerun (which is... a rare prism I think? Quite a prize for someone mostly F2P like myself).

Anyway, I did what I had to do to finish Babylonia so I could join this event with hopefully enough time to get the most important stuff. I shouldn't have had to skip most of the climax, but there it is.
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2019-12-19 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.