Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
My current group is the only one where it is more or less constant.

But, I have never been part of a group where we didn't have multiple instances, usually several months apart, where one or more players wouldn't stop arguing / complaining to the point where the DM legitimately considered ending the game.

But, then again, it is a pretty small sample size as I have only been in a handful of long-term groups that weren't formed by me and / or my friends; a couple of school clubs and a couple from flyers in gaming stores.
I'll just plus-one what everyone else is telling you. It's not normal, and it's not acceptable.

Yes, a lot of people have stories about dysfunctional groups or games (I could tell you stories of a Mage: The Ascension game I ran which went so badly it effectively destroyed a gaming group) but for most of us, those stories stand out because they're unusual, or something that taught us better. In my case, dealing with a manipulative jerk of a player helped me be more assertive and to be less scared about laying out what I wanted from games from page one. My own horror story certainly wouldn't mean that was the standard for every game I've ever been in--the truly dysfunctional groups I've ever been in, including many, many Play-by-Posts would be 5% of the total at the most.