[South Landing Pad]

"That sounds... pretty amazing, actually," Geneva hums. "I'll admit that materials science really isn't my specialization. Most of my work involves Neighnstine-Roseluck bridges, teleportation. But I've had to dabble a bit in materials science since you need some pretty exotic materials to get a teleporter working properly."

Like negative mass.

Negative mass is a pain in the rump to work with.

"My most recent project is meant to be a rapid one-way deployment system for VIGIL so we can be more agile in our ability to respond to threats. The current iteration is actually looking pretty promising!"

It hasn't blown up!

Yet.

She watches Kathy settle back to the ground again and gives a small nod, though she's pretty curious about something. "If you're able to create a gravitational shadow with your equipment why did you choose a magnetic thruster? I've run into a few systems that use inertial impulse fields combining gravity and dark energy to produce thrust. If you're already working with gravity that doesn't seem like TOO much of a jump."

Geneva isn't terribly fond of the term 'dark energy'. Never has been since she learned it. Magic! It's the most common, basic form a thaumatic field takes. But maybe that's just her own home universe. And the few times she's met other engineers using 'dark energy' in their inventions they took issue with Geneva calling it magic. One of them was even insulted by the insinuation and she would rather not see a repeat of that.