[South Landing Pad]

"Fear of exploding, mostly. External impulses with gravitic equipment can create negative feedback, and given my mech is meant to operate on planets at a near-human scale, I'm constantly going to be dealing with the fluctuations of the planet's gravity well. Magnetic thrust equipment is a lot easier to trust; the worst thing that can happen to them is they get overpowered, in which case they sputter and die, but that's only going to happen if I start flying over the north pole or something," that may be something Geneva hadn't considered; when you're working with materials, you've gotta take into account the material stresses, versus magic where it's mostly just energy movement instead - still dangerous, but doesn't rely on the same kind of focused precision you have to look at for this.

"I mean, I could make a custom gravitics engine that tries to take all that into account, but it'd probably be a lot larger than I was aiming for with this. My magnetism systems can be small enough to put in the palm of a normal human's hand. I'd generally only do a full-sized gravitic warp system if I was, say, making a starship."