1. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

As the lizardfolk begin to break ranks and scatter Lydia moves to interpose herself between the enemy druid and freedom. With the use of pantomime and the aid of Jan's spell she makes her desires known: that the spellcaster give up and become a prisoner.

Spoiler: OOC: Dealing w/ lizardfolk
    Show
    Lydia's intention is to take prisoner as many of the disabled lizardmen as possible, for an exchange with the captive humans later. She'll use nonlethal damage to try and subdue the druid, if necessary.

Once the remaining lizardmen are safely disarmed and watched she next makes a beeline towards Doctor Olofire. Well, what used to be the mild-mannered doctor, anyway. "Um, Doctor?" she approaches the feral creature warily. "I can tend to your wounds, if you'll allow me." As the warm glow of divine energy springs to her hands she leans in closer to whisper in his ear. "Later on we're going to have to talk about... whatever this is. And about disobeying orders and nearly getting yourself killed!"

Spoiler: Healing
    Show
    Cast cure serious wounds and cure light wounds on Olofire for (6d8+10)[41] and (1d8+5)[9] HP, respectively.

EDIT: I think the first cast topped him off, so I'll save the 1st level spell slot

Walk back up the hill, she briefly bypasses Frederick and the garrison soldiers in order to scale the walls and confront Amearin on his way down from the ramparts. "Well, well - there's more to you than meets the eye, accountant. Why didn't you say you were a mage? And, why let those thugs from before bully you around when you could have put the fear of the gods into them with a single spell?"

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    Inside the keep, one way or another, he addresses Corporal Howard. “At ease. You did well to maintain the keep,” he begins, nodding in turn at each man as his eyes follow the line. “We will certainly not leave your officers and colleagues to be devoured by their captors, though we must take a few moments, at least, to prepare for more grueling battle.” He glances at Lydia meaningfully, where he hopes to see her already ministering to Olofire’s needs. “For now, maintain a watch on the wall, but otherwise see to yourselves. The danger is no longer imminent.
    Finally, she reunites with Frederick and Corporal Howard near the base of the gate, just in time to hear the end of the soldier's report and Frederick's response. "Yes, of course we'll help. But if they've been gone a week another hour isn't likely to shift the balance. Have you rope or chains to bind the captives? If this... Ssyath has any sway with his former comrades, it'll be easier to barter for your mens' lives if we have some of theirs. And we'll need someone who speaks their language-"

Quote Originally Posted by JWallyR View Post
    "ATTENTION, LIZARDFOLK!" the gnome's shrill voice pierces the sounds of lizardmen, those scurrying away from the keep or scrambling for purchase up from the pits strewn about the clearing.
    Lydia winces as Jan's shrill voice rings out, in Common. "I don't think that's going to cut it."
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2019-12-27 at 09:41 AM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)