View Single Post

Thread: The Tearing of the Weave (IC) Pt 2

1. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Tearing of the Weave (IC) Pt 2

Savin ascends the ruined staircase slowly, his eyes taking a moment to adjust to the poor light in the tower room above. The upper room is as dark and dismal as a subterranean dungeon. There is a clinking of metal and Savin spies several emaciated but still-living lizardfolk shackled to the walls of the chamber. They shift weakly heads raising as they notice his presence. "Beware, scaleless one!" hisses one.

Crunch! Savin is struck from behind a brutal blow as massive jaws clamp around him for 24 damage. He turns as he is released from the grip seeing a massive creature looming over him, an ogre-sized humanoid creature that has all the lethal features of a dire crocodile - powerful jaws drip with his blood, a multitude of sharp teeth, heavy, thick reptilian scales. A deep inhuman voice rasps several words in an incomprehensible language before settling to a more familiar heavily-accented common Chondathan tongue "For my chains or for my dinner? I care not which". It roars a challenge at him beckoning with it's clawed hands.

Spoiler: The Beast!
    Show

Spoiler: Rolls & Info
    Show
    Hide (1d20+11)[31] vs Savin Spot (1d20+10)[11]

Initiative
    Tem (1d20+3)[15]
    Sav (1d20+3)[4]
    Ant (1d20+3)[8]
    Kil (1d20+3)[23]
    Wil (1d20)[13]
    Evil (1d20+5)[16]

Knowledge
    Ant (1d20+2)[15]
    Wil (1d20+5)[9]
    You know it is not of this world, but that's about all.

Surprise round
    crocodile demon vs Savin
    bite (1d20+11)[29] damage (2d8+18)[24]

@u-b I'm having trouble with the link to Anthony's sheet, could you please repost a link for me please?

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Savin starts at F10 (this square has cover w/r/t room)
    All other PCs are assumed to start in square E10 (this square can't see into the room, properly anyway)
    Must ascend E10->F10->F9 (anyone can therefore move to F9 without provoking AoO)
    Stairs are steep and cost x2 movement to enter (ie to move to F10)
    Floor has collapsed in SE of room (H11/ H12)

=> Kilus
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-12-27 at 03:58 PM.