Lydia's exasperation with Jan turns into surprised respect at Amearin's fluent Draconic. When he is finished addressing the lizardfolk she approaches him, gesturing for Frederick to join them as well. "Another surprise, accountant! Or perhaps not, for a mage. Anyway, about the captured soldiers from the garrison... will you accompany us into the swamp to act as a translator? Ordinarily I'd never ask a civilian to face such danger, but you've shown yourself to be more capable than most. I give you my word that Frederick and I will protect you from harm, and once we've rescued the captives you can continue on towards Greyhawk or wherever it is you're going."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
At Frederick's request, Corporal Howard responds, "I'll have Ssayth come out and meet you in a moment. First, though, I need to send a team to get out and clean up the battle - while the Twisted Branch was attacking they ate anything that died out there...our horses, their own dead, anything. Now the corpses will attract scavengers, and there is at least one band of ghouls in the Mist Marsh. We need to burn the dead before we bring worse upon our heads..."
Lydia nods in agreement at the corporal's suggestions. "When we return I may be able to assist with that, somewhat - consecrate the battlefield in a way that will deter the undead. But saving the living comes first."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
When he sees the party and recognizes the three PCs from several months back Ssayth lowers his head further and averts his eyes as he stops. "You! SSSSSSssss! I did not want to sssee you again, massstersss. Pleassse forgive me - I only wanted to help my clutchmatesss!" he spits as he backs up and takes a defensive posture towards the party.
Lydia crosses her arms and faces Ssayth with a stern expression. Although Frederick has briefly explained the history she doesn't fully understand the significance of this particular creature, and she surely doesn't trust it. She glances between Jan, Olofire, and Frederick, waiting for one of the "masters" to respond to Ssayth's plea.