View Single Post

Thread: Sea of Stars - IC II

1. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC II

Spoiler: Destro and Haval only
    Show
    Anika finds Hannabel in high spirits in the back of a murky cantina, obviously having enjoyed several mugs of the local moonshine already. "Buy me a drink? Shure thing, yer ladyship. You should try some o' this stuff yerself. Getz ye nice an'...mell-mell-mellooow," she slurs.

However, as soon as the next mug arrives, she makes a concentrated effort to focus on what Anika is saying.

"Yer alright, yer ladyship, ye know that? Not all high-an-mighty all the time like Mach-Mach...the Big Mac. Not all scary crazy like "I'll beat you in the face an' you'll like it" Bolterface. An' not all-not all...tentacley...like the Magoz," she continues, wiggling her fingers in Anika's face for effect. "They all just wanna own everythin' they can lay their mitz on. Or not own everythin' but just do whatever they want to it...to them..the people, that iz."

"I don' care about any o' that ye know? I jus' wanna be out there, riding the aether, seeing the galaxy, doing new stuff. This place? Before we got 'ere, we woz jus' going to buy machines and recruit some locals te work for uz, an' move on. But now that we're here, suddenly we need to take this place over...to save souls an' strip-mine it for archaeotech or summat. Why izzat? We got what we came 'ere for an' we ain't learnt nuthin' new since getting 'ere. You tell me - why do we even need to be in charge here?"

OOC: Hannabel is open to being convinced that we need to take control of Viatrames, she's just not all that interested in it and thinks we have lots on our plate already. E.g. we have one colony being built up as well as the fishmen planet to take care of, plus rebuilding the cruiser. We've also got a damaged exploratory/war fleet that needs some TLC. Sinking resources into Viatrames seems like a sideshow to her.

She also doesn't much like the idea of forcing and/or cheating the locals to get them to work for Macharius. To wit, anything smacking of indentured servitude or 'company store' setups to get the people working for us rubs her the wrong way.
    Last edited by rax; 2020-01-01 at 09:07 PM.