Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
I read an interesting post on Reddit about the Boruto anime when I was trying to work out where the filler arcs are. Apparently, all of the anime is canon, because they are officially not going to try to write filler arcs around a bimonthly series. So events are different in the anime, and they aren't going to pretend that they aren't. It isn't like Fullmetal Alchemist, where the anime has just taken off and is doing its own thing. The events in the manga will eventually get covered, and Kishimoto is involved with the anime. There just isn't going to be any nonsense like Hinata learning a new jutsu and then forgetting about it because of manga canon.
Yeah they've been doing that since Shippuden... which sucks, because hey cool the slug tailed beast shows up in the anime.

And it's completely excised from the manga for no reason.

I just don't like stuff when you need to participate in two streams of information for the same piece of media to get everything. It's like how Bleach had Kira show up as a zombie and there's like, no explanation (or point) except if you read an obscure, not translated novel.

Also truth be told the less Kishimoto touches this the better. Samurai 8 is atrocious and a sign that whatever Kishimoto had, he lost and lost hard.