Spoiler: Destro and Haval
Show
Hannabel listens intently to Anika's response, nodding or shaking her head here and there. When she answers, she is clearly making a great effort to speak clearly. Her lower class mannerisms also seem to have disappeared.

"I agree, Macharius is no details man and it seems to me that attending to details is your job, Lady Vanhal. That means you're going to have to stand up to him sooner or later, because if Macharius has his way, I believe he'd try to plant his banner on every planet form here to Footfall, just so he can brag about how mighty his dynasty is. But even I know that our resources aren't unlimited, and the faster we spread out, the harder it'll be to protect it all. We've been lucky so far - no one we've tangled with has moved directly against us, but it's only a matter of time. My point, I suppose, is that you may need to protect Macharius from himself. Because if he goes down, we all go down."

Hannabel pauses for a moment, as if reflecting on a memory, before continuing with a slight smile on her face. "And yes, Scintilla is indeed a nest of vipers and popinjays, but if it's any consolation, I hear you Vanhals were neither. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to pass out. Good day, my lady," she manages to finish before keeling over and slowly sliding under the table.