1. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: IC AoW - Encounter at Blackwall Keep (PF) (Take 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Untarr View Post
    "DEAR LORD YOU STUPID GNOME SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK!!"
    Jan turns a wide-eyed expression of shock toward the wiry man, which quickly melts into a sour glare. For once, she seems to be momentarily speechless, jaw rising and falling in abortive efforts to give voice to the thoughts in her head.

"I overheard them yelling during the battle. They speak Draconic. A language in which I am fluent in. I will ask them to surrender so that we can figure out what is going on.
    The gnome's affronted expression lessens somewhat at the explanation. "Oh. Well, you make a good point, but let's just say that I'm not convinced by your 'bedside manner' in this language that you're going to make a positive impression in another." She rises a haughty eyebrow at him before beginning to walk off nonchalantly toward the keep proper.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "You! SSSSSSssss! I did not want to sssee you again, massstersss. Pleassse forgive me - I only wanted to help my clutchmatesss!"
    Jan steps toward the lizardman with open hands spread wide and a disarming smile on her lips. She parts them to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by Albinobrow View Post
    Look what you and your misplaced hatred have brought! We spared you and this is how you and your clutchmates thank us?!
    Jan's eyes go wide, and she spins to see Dr. Olofire barreling toward the lizardman! Frozen for a moment, she turns her hands to gesture at her companion, but as Frederick's strong arms reach to subdue the halfling, she halts her casting. "Good grief, Olof! Can't you see this isn't the time or place?!?" Swiping one hand across her forehead in the universal sign of weariness, she turns to face Ssayth again.

Her expression now pained, in a conciliatory tone she addresses the captive lizardman directly. "Ssayth- please don't get the wrong idea! He's... well, he's got some kind of weird potion thing going on, and his brains are a little scrambled. You are not in danger from him, because we won't allow it." The heavy emphasis on the last words is accompanied by a very stern look at the restrained halfling. "It sounds like the soldiers have treated you well, given... the circumstances." She gestures vaguely in the direction of the outer wall with an expression of distaste. "But obviously your tribe is still in the grip of... well, some dark power, and, well, we can't help them without your help. Can we... can we at least talk? For a bit?" She gives the lizardman a distinctly conciliatory smile, reaching forward with an open palm in a gesture that strongly resembles someone reaching to soothe a cornered dog.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Diplomacy roll to improve attitude: 19, rolled in OOC
    Last edited by JWallyR; 2020-01-05 at 11:15 PM.
    Lehasti Gesmeha and Azkin for Mummy's Mask
    Morevek for Wrath of the Righteous
    Janstina Silentall for Age of Worms