1. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Smaller card infusions with reasonable costs is something we want to encourage.
    You might - I certainly don't. I quite like card infusions being at the rate they've been at for as long as the game has existed, thanks. (Also, still disagree about the "reasonable cost" part.)

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I'm right there with you about the game being too expensive. But the solution there is reducing the costs of the regular expansions.
    And if they ever do that, that may matter to me. I see no reason to believe they will though. Instead, they're effectively just making it more expensive by charging for the adventures, and now making those of us who could pass on them out of disinterest in single-player before pay for them anyway by putting new cards into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    You also get specific cards, as far as I can tell, like One Night in Karazhan and such.

That means that while you're giving up "28 packs worth of gold", roughly, you're getting 4 guaranteed Legendaries (the Hero cards) and I assume a number of epics.

Going by the conversion that 1 pack = 100 gold which in turn = 100 dust (the average dust you get per pack past your first 20 packs or so), you're "giving up" 2800 dust/gold for a minimum guaranteed 6400 dust/gold value; and that's if the ONLY FOUR CARDS you get are the Hero cards.
    Rarity and dust values mean nothing with cards you're guaranteed to get. They only matter when you need to either get the cards from a pack, where they determine the odds of doing so, or spend dust on them, where they determine the cost of making them. Moreover, all that gold value that you're giving up you wouldn't need to give up if there weren't new cards in this mid-expansion adventure. It just amounts to less cards from the expansion that you can afford to buy over time. And if it goes over well, which it probably will, it will become a regular thing, and thus you'll just have fewer cards from every expansion going forward. If you're like me and weren't ever accumulating all of the cards you'd like to to begin with, that looks pretty darned awful and unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    This doesn't include the inherent value of the adventure itself, which a lot of people (myself included) find enjoyable on its own merits.
    I don't. I got at least some enjoyment out of the old style of adventures, where the bosses were more like a puzzle you designed decks around, but Dungeon Run-style gameplay lost my interest very quickly. That's why I've been happily passing on the other new adventures since they started charging for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Yes, and then there are three chapters beyond that.
    *double-checks* Huh, it is only four wings, rather than the five it's pretty much always been before. Alright, my mistake there, but doesn't really help much to my mind. Twenty eight packs/a month of play time is still absurd to just be told you don't get towards the expansions anymore because they want to add this now.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-01-09 at 08:24 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis