1. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Rarity and dust values mean nothing with cards you're guaranteed to get. They only matter when you need to either get the cards from a pack, where they determine the odds of doing so, or spend dust on them, where they determine the cost of making them. Moreover, all that gold value that you're giving up you wouldn't need to give up if there weren't new cards in this mid-expansion adventure. It just amounts to less cards from the expansion that you can afford to buy over time. And if it goes over well, which it probably will, it will become a regular thing, and thus you'll just have fewer cards from every expansion going forward. If you're like me and weren't ever accumulating all of the cards you'd like to to begin with, that looks pretty darned awful and unreasonable.
    It absolutely matters. If nothing else, cards from Adventures are disenchantable. Even if you like ZERO of the cards from the Adventure you can dust them for half their crafting value.

So you get 3200 dust just form the 4 Legendary Hero cards alone. any way you slice it, it's better value than 2800 dust normally grants, or even $20, which usually gives you 15 packs, or a 1500 dust equivalent.

There is no way you can value the Adventure that it does not come out as more cost effective (by an absolutely MINIMUM of more than double the value) than buying an equivalent cost in packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    I don't. I got at least some enjoyment out of the old style of adventures, where the bosses were more like a puzzle you designed decks around, but Dungeon Run-style gameplay lost my interest very quickly. That's why I've been happily passing on the other new adventures since they started charging for them.
    ...But this is exactly the kind of Adventure this is.

I really don't think any of your complaints are based on anything rational here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Cardew
    For example, despite all the classic packs I've bought or be given over the life of the game, I still don't have the Black Knight, Ysera, Antonidas, or Tirion. All cards I want but have never pulled because the chance of me getting the cards I actually want from packs is so absurdly low. I do have Gruul, Lorewalker Cho, The Beast, King Mukka, and Deathwing because those are the useless legendaries I've gotten in packs but refuse to dust. If if I dusted all of the stupid legionaries, I'd get ... 1... card I actually wanted.
    ...So do that? Consistently do that, even, and craft all the cards you want. I left the F2P train behind ~6 months ago when it became part of my job to report on this game, but that's what I did back when I never paid a single red cent for cards.

I still end up dusting just about every Golden card I open up.

There is SOME value in sitting on Legendaries you don't want because you can't get duplicate Legendaries, but unless you plan on opening a bajillion Classic packs any time soon, you're better off dusting all of the above except Deathwing (which is actually used in some Tier 2 decks RIGHT NOW and has intermittent uses over time) and crafting Antonidas, Tirion, or Ysera (depending on whether you play Mage, Paladin, or neither more).

Edit: Well, apparently Deathwing isn't in any decks ANY MORE (it was in both HL Dragon Paladin and Hunter for a while), but the point stands; it's the best card to hang onto of those 5)
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2020-01-10 at 12:57 AM. Reason: you'r is the worst of both worlds