1. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post

...So do that? Consistently do that, even, and craft all the cards you want. I left the F2P train behind ~6 months ago when it became part of my job to report on this game, but that's what I did back when I never paid a single red cent for cards.

I still end up dusting just about every Golden card I open up.

There is SOME value in sitting on Legendaries you don't want because you can't get duplicate Legendaries, but unless you plan on opening a bajillion Classic packs any time soon, you're better off dusting all of the above except Deathwing (which is actually used in some Tier 2 decks RIGHT NOW and has intermittent uses over time) and crafting Antonidas, Tirion, or Ysera (depending on whether you play Mage, Paladin, or neither more).

Edit: Well, apparently Deathwing isn't in any decks ANY MORE (it was in both HL Dragon Paladin and Hunter for a while), but the point stands; it's the best card to hang onto of those 5)
    One, because getting a legendary you already dusted feels HORRIBLE. Thanks Gruul! Two, because some day I'd like to have a complete f2p classic set? So it would be inefficient to dust them. And the dust return just feels so bad. EDIT: This is also why I hate the nerfs to the classic set. I take a lot of breaks from this game so I really liked the idea of a permanent set of mostly good enough cards that I'd always have. Blizzards constant meddling there is even more annoying than the blatant power creep. I've no real desire to rehash that discussion, just mentioning the rationale.

Three, other than Antodias the others don't open new deck options, they are more efficient/good tech cards/ alternative win conditions which I can live without. Would my decks be strictly better with those some of the time, yes. Although it's been awhile since Black Knight was needed, pardon me as I relive some Naxx flashbacks. And the only Paladin deck I ever played was Odd paladin which didn't run Tirion.

Four, I don't find I need to. I don't play enough or even bother to try to keep up with the meta decks. I mostly derp around on the Golden Whizzbang I made, I like the variety and at the bottom end of the ranked pool (for the free dust) you mostly run into other Whizzbangs which actually make for interesting games since everyone's deck is lacking in some way, particularly the general absence of silence or polymorph. Other than that, I'll make 1-3 FOTM netdecks to grind with if I ever feel the need. Right now it is Galakrond Shaman and Warrior which got me rank 18 from to 10 in about 15 ish games loses to other shamans. Well shaman did, I made the warrior after I hit 10 since I only need 4 epics for it. Launch riginal shaman was so broken I'm glad they nerfed it as fast as they did.

I've got about 5000 dust without going through for extra goldens right now, but no real desire to craft any deck.
    Last edited by Thomas Cardew; 2020-01-10 at 02:24 AM.