Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
The issue I think is you're really focused on the top level mathematics but are completely dismissing second order or deeper thinking on the subject.

Yes, from a top level view, you are spending more gold per expansion. But, as mentioned, Dust is exactly equivalent in terms of value to Gold.
No, actually, I'm not spending more gold per expansion. Because I already spend all of my gold, all the time, except when I'm saving up for the next expansion. I'd just be getting less of the expansion outright, because now some of that gold would have to go towards the adventure instead. That is the problem.

If you get more Dust value, you by that same token get more Gold value. Sure it may not "feel good" to disenchant cards...but that's not really relevant.
I didn't say a thing about it feeling good - I said I just don't do it, because I can never be sure that I won't regret it later, and unlike cards from regular expansions I have no chance to get them back any way besides re-crafting them. That will not change. These new cards are not dust to me and never will be (aside from the Hunter ones).

Go even deeper and Adventure cards, at least in my experience, tended to be stronger on average than Expansion cards. Almost every single card form One Night in Karazhan saw play in a competitively viable deck at one point or another, and many were DECK DEFINING (like Barnes and Silverware Golem).
That's nice. Doesn't change the negative effect that I believe releasing these in this way has on the game's overall economy. Doesn't make me want them any more. Hell, in the sense that I don't want the game's meta constantly "shaken up" like others do, the simple fact that they are new cards getting released outside of the normal expansion periods is, in and of itself, undesirable to me. Much less of a problem than the economy thing, but still.