1. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Classifying OOTS characters by methods other than alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Seward View Post
    One of the defining characteristics of a rock band is often the interaction of the lead singer and lead guitar, where they kind of pass the music back and forth, sometimes in harmony, sometimes in rivalry and sometimes with their own spotlight. This trope comes from classic rock bands (which is why the "Heart" is called "The Chick" because lots of those bands had only one token women and she usually played tamborine or some other minor role + backup vocals but served as social glue to keep the band from imploding)
    Since Haley and Elan are both Chaotic (vs Roy's Lawful), I thought about making Elan the Lancer and Haley the Chick/Heart. But this arrangement works better. We still maintain the 1 "chick" quota (Yes, I know I'm putting a lot of stock in the Giant's early Smurfette comment about the team.), Elan serves more of a peacekeeping/healer/support role anyway (Kazoo instead of tambourine anybody?), and Haley and Roy's leadership/combat hand offs are well documented in the comic (i.e. when Roy was Dead, Battle against Sandman, etc.).
    Last edited by DLcygnet; 2020-01-15 at 12:44 PM.