View Single Post

Thread: Secret of mana IC thread

1. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Secret of mana IC thread

Thaum is fairly sure the naga wants to feed them to her young (if there are young and she doesn't just want to eat them herself). But that, too, can be dealt with. Avoiding a fight would be better for everyone involved, especially since there might be creatures further in that are less willing to talk. The healer steps forward (giving a short reassuring squeeze on Rina's shoulder, as if to say "you did good, don't worry", his touch having a strange soothing warmth to it) and touches the naga's forehead, imbuing her with resistance to electricity.

"My name is Thaum, by the way," he says, glad that he doesn't need to shout as much anymore. "Chances are a rather nasty tomato man going by Jerry is the cause for this." A long finger draws a circle in the air in the waterfall's direction. "Perhaps we can find the source of what he did somewhere beyond. Also, I can summon food. It will only last until the day after tomorrow, but it is more nutritious than anything I know, easy on the stomach, and if you'd manage to eat everything that is summoned, you would probably need to roll instead of slither. At the very least, that may make the next few days less stressful."

Thaum flashes a smile to the naga before turning to the others. "That waterfall is battering down hard. Rina is the strongest among us and I can at least lift a fair bit, so we should be able to get everyone through, with a second trip if necessary."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Thaum casts resist energy (electricity) on the naga, giving her resist 20 as well.

Diplomacy check to befriend the naga and convince her to accept the offered food (instead of, presumably, trying to devour the group).
    (1d20+20)[40] (edit: There are no critical hits on skill checks normally, but this natural 20 still amuses me)

Four strength checks to help someone else through and in case he falls. If necessary, Thaum makes a second trip through to get everyone onto the other side if Rina and him can't get Zanthia, Larimar, and Coney through in one go.
    (1d20+4)[19]
    (1d20+4)[13]
    (1d20+4)[18]
    (1d20+4)[16]

Spell slots
    Lv 0: 2/6
    Lv 1: 7/8
    Lv 2: 1/7
    Lv 3: 3/6
    Lv 4: 2/5

Healing Hands pool: 15 / 80
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-01-20 at 06:48 AM.