Quote Originally Posted by Sutr View Post
Being immune to a school of magic+ makes it stronger than the plaenetouched in my opinion, really with some kind of trueseeing it can negate will saves entirely in later levels. Ok slow could still be a problem if you decided to use nonmagical attacks.
So being able to cast protection from Evil (or other alignments) is worth a +1 LA? PFE can be cast by a first level character and even at level 1 has a duration long enough to last an entire combat. Yes being immune to most of the enchantment school is an issue but it is an issue across the game and is one of if not the easiest immunity to get in the game. I don't rate this immunity very high because it can be replicated so easily, it isn't worth an LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
Well, there's also L3 deep slumber, L5 symbol of sleep and L7 hiss of sleep ...

I've never read about an [Ex] ability that imposes sleep. Though one of my high school teachers must've had such an ability.
There are a few of poisons that cause sleep, pretty sure the only reason elves have that ability is to combat drow...

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
Are we all in agreement that you can lower your immunity for beneficial spells?
Quote Originally Posted by AMX View Post
Looks like it - the specific example of "an elf's resistance to sleep effects" actually refers to an immunity (according to the race description).
I'm not happy about that - IMO "immune" should be reserved for things that simply cannot affect you - but I agree that it works by RAW.
Actually I am not sure that rule is worth the ink it was written with. First of all it calls the elf's ability a resistance, but its not a resistance it is an immunity (granted they maybe talking about elf's resistance to enchantments and not sleep and just screwed up). Second of all it talks about letting yourself fail a save which brings up a host of issues. For starters immunities bypass saves altogether so you never get to the point to make a save and therefore can't voluntarily fail it. Secondly in the case of bardic music specifically, inspire courage, inspire competence, inspire greatness, inspire freedom, nor inspire Heroics allow a save.