Kahar-Djin, 30 AP, Sanctuary

Kahar-Djin assisted to the party, but didn't participate much. They gave their blessings to the mother and the son-to-be, of course, but then spent most of the nightfine-tuning the third gate, atuning it to the demigod's energy to allow them free passage through it even if they were ever to become a Su Speaker, while also making completely certain that no other Su Speaker would be able to pass through. They did, however bring a drink to share, a beverage formed by grinding or cutting a specific plant into very small pieces, placing them in a drinking vessel, filling it about three quarters with the leaves, pouring hot water on it, and drinking it through a metal straw with small holes, to filter out the leaves. He offered a sip to anyone who walked by, but most people grimaced at the bitter taste of it.

Spoiler: Help: The Creation of Nerassus
Show
Kahar-Djin helps the action by modifying the gates so Nerassus may walk freely through them (+2 Thresholds), as well as blessing the demigod to be tireless in all their journeys (+1 Travellers)

The Maddening Marsh

Kahar-Djin went to visit Brom and his missionaries at the Marsh. The last time they'd seen the group, they had been trying, not very successfully, to get the local neanderthals to join their group. They expected it wouldn't be any easier if any had decided to embark upon the Path of Discipline.

However, as she approached, she immediately realized something was wrong. She could sense the scent of blood and dead. And indeed, as she drew near, she saw her followers mourning the lost and nursing the wounded. Close by, she spotted the corpses of some terrible, monstruous beings. Bron quickly noticed her, her armor shining bright, and he approached and kneeled before her, not saying a word. He was wearing a white sash, from his shoulder to his waist.

“Please, rise to your feet,” the divinity said, and Bron complied. “I see you have begun to travel the Path of Discipline. That is very good. But please, can you take me to one who can tell me what happened here?”

Bron bowed deeply and walked away, Kahar-Djin following behind. They were walking toward a man who was standing... Right within the reach of one of those monsters, this one alive! The Goddess raised her shield and started to dash, to interpose herself between them, but Bron lifted his hand, and she stopped to look. The man seemed to be speaking to the monster, in a strange, roaring language, and the creature appeared to be responding. Of course, her people's gift of language, passed down through the generations. But, wait, that would mean...

“Those creatures can speak?”

The man turned and bowed deeply. He was also wearing a white sash, though he was clearly not travelling the Path of Discipline. The man roared one final essage to the monster, before approaching her.

“Kahar-Djin, our goddess! I am blessed to be able to meet you. My name is Nio. And, you are right, they have the gift of speech, and sharp minds to go with it. This one is... Well, I hesitate to call her a prisoner. She came to us of her own accord, claiming to be different than the rest. She says most of her kind are filled with an overpowering bloodlust, driven to battle all they encounter. She herself claims to never have felt it herself.”

Kahar-Djin nodded, and approached the raptor. Immediately, she could sense she was telling the truth. She felt the creative energy from Grawissen, as well as the curse from Alatadriel, twisting it into its current shape. However, for one reason or another, the curse seemed strangely weak on her. The Divinity formed a Path between their minds, and immediately they understood the Terrors' language. Something kept nagging them, and they asked, in the strange, roaring tongue,

“How did you and your kind find yourselves in this land?”

”We do not know. One moment, we did not exist, the other, we were underground. We dug our way out, then found each other. There seemed to be no pattern to where we appeared."

The nagging feeling worsened. Kahar-Djin extended her domain throughout the world, superficially, and indeed, all over the world, she sensed people falling to the claws of these Terrors, as they claimed many lives indeed. Her hand curled into a fist, and she spoke out loud, to the Missionaries,

“You are not safe staying here! There could be more Terrors around, ready to attack on sight! Instead I tell you that there is a mountain range on the North of this continent. I urge you to make a pilgrimage toward it, to find the tallest mountain and build a way to its top, and erect a great gate so that none shall pass without permission! Make it a haven to those who seek to study the Way of the Cardinal Fist and travel the Path of Discipline, and perhaps, in time, any of the Paths of Divinity.”

The people moved immediately, gathering their belongings and paying their last respects to the dead. Some simply buried them, some did their best to set fire to the remains, some placed masks on their faces and glowloam on their bodies, countless little rituals, each fanning the flames of their anger a little higher. They had to choose who to direct it towards: Alatadriel, who had cursed the creatures in the first place, or Grawissen, who scattered the creatures throughout the world haphazardly, seemingly not caring who might be hurt in the act.

Then, they felt it. The ripple of creation. Grawissen, ever the fool, was apparently creating something even more powerful and dangerous, rather than making any attempts to fix the mess he made.

The decision, it is clear, was done.

Spoiler: Action!
Show
(4 AP / 2 DC) Influence a large group of mortals

Kahar-Djin influenced the Missionaries to travel toward the mountains in the North of The Stricken Lands (+1 Travellers), make a Path up to the tallest mountain (+2 Paths) and make a great gate in that path (+2 Thresholds). However, both the land they must travel and the mountains they must reach are quite devoid of any noticeable civilization (-2 Unexplored)

Kahar-Djin bent the space between the marsh and Grawpolis. Two points folded together to create a Path allowing the traversal of thousands of miles in seconds. Behind Grawissen, there was a shimmer in the air, and instants later stood a woman in shining metal armor, so bright it looked like it was glowing with its own inner light, a huge shield in her hands.

"A demigod, Grawissen," she began. "Truly? After that tremendous mishap, scattering those terrible creatures throughout all the known world and endangering dozens of thousands of lives in a careless display of power, you think the way to atone is to bring an even more powerful being into existence?"

Graw turned to face Kahar-Djin, many of its bone still cracked and shattered.

"We have lost touch with mortals... to most of us... there just specks of dust in the wind... A playground to play with... unknowing or uncaring of the... consequences of what we make..." Graw then turned back towards the woolly rhino bones. "I want to make up for that... to give them someone... with our power of a god but with the essence of a mortal."

The divinity furrowed her brow.

"Give a mortal that power, then. Allow them to do with it as they please, rather than granting the power will and letting it act on its whim alone. Your last creation has already caused so much pain and suffering..."

"it will bond with.. those with hearts that are pure... and wills made of steel." He then adjusted the bones of this project. "Besides... you think we are completely infallible... you came here yourself... to tell me how much I messed up with the terrors... we can make horrific mistakes... That can be even more horrible... than what mortal could ever do...

"It is because I think you are fallible," she replied. "That I do not believe this creation of yours is a good idea. By giving it divine will, crafted by your hand, are you not creating an extension of yourself, that might be prone to your same mistakes? Because, as much as you claim otherwise, this construct," she gestured toward the demigod, "at its core, is not a mortal. It is a divine being."

"then I ask... Would you help me... from making the same mistake...what can I give him to make sure he doesn't lose his way..."

Kahar-Djin looked into Grawissen's eye sockets, and answered.

"I do not know.”

“I did not come here to aid you in your creation." A Threshold began to form around the demigod's hands, like a pair of manacles. "I came here to ensure that you do not cause more needless harm and destruction with a power I no longer believe you to be fit to wield."

Graw simply turned away. "then do as you wish..."

Spoiler: Hinder: Deja Vu's Creation
Show
Kahar-Djin hinders Deja Vu by determining a Threshold it cannot cross (-2 Thresholds): It cannot take a life. This isn't to say that some terrible event will happen if Deja Vu takes a life; it, and whoever is bonded to it, will be unable to take any action that would result in a mortal's death, no matter the circumstances. If they try, they will find themselves paralized, unable to move unless they change their course of action. Even if due to some circumstance the only way to save a life would be to take another, they will be unable to do so. The ability to deal death was taken from them and eternally locked behind an impassable Threshold.