Grawissen, the Three Deserts

Graw explored the great desert, he wanted to see his failure firsthand. He saw villages in fear. Corpses of animals and people laying on the sand. Influences of his own corrupted children on the sand.

"So many stories... have ended."

He then noticed something, a corpse torn down by a dozen of the Terrors. Graw shook his head. "I'm so sorry..." he mumbled as he started to turn around.

In the distance, Grawissen spied yet more carnage. Two raptors, holding a figure between them. They pulled and pulled, sinking their claws into the figure's flesh, until they'd torn him in half an the torso. Then the figure reappeared beside them, standing there mournfully as the raptors dropped their two halves and jumped him again. If Graw had eyeballs they would have widened at this site.

"What's the..." he then ran towards the fresh body that was being eaten by the two terrors. "Where did this body come from?"

The man appeared once again, and again the raptors dropped their kill and charged him. This time Grawissen was close enough to see who the person was.

"Grawissen," Chern greeted the god, and was then immediately gutted by the raptors. He reappeared again. "I didn't think that this was what you had in mind with your creation."

Graw stared blankly at Chern as he was being torn to shreds.

"No not at all..." he mumbled as he tried to comprehend the situation. "So why are you allowing yourself to be mauled by my cursed children?"

"These unfortunate souls-" Chern's throat was slit, choking his words and disgorging a torrent of blood. He reappeared. "-know nothing but bloody murder. It is their all, the reason they exist. But-" Chern's legs were swept out from under him, leaving him exposed for a mighty chomp to the midriff. He reappeared. "-just as every object in the world must decay, so too can ideas and motivations. They can't do this forever. There is a spark of intelligence in these-" a blow to the chest cracked his ribs, rupturing his lungs. He reappeared. "-creatures. They will, if given the chance, look further. I wish to give them that chance."

This time the raptors settled for knocking Chern off his feet, bellowing in frustration at him as he continuously refused to die. Graw then looked around and noticed a bunch of terrors just laying about exhausted.

"How long have you been at this?"

"A few hours, with just these two." The raptors glared at Chern, waiting for the slightest provocation to continue their slaughter.

"Grawissen," he said, ignoring them and looking at the skeleton, "I can abate their rage, but I have little to replace it with. I ask you to lend me your knowledge. Teach these so called terrors to be more. Language, at the very least."

"Say no more I shall help, anything to help my children." Graw answered as he raised up his hands. "but I asked you for help with something else, to create a being to protect these Mortals."

Spoiler: Grawissen helping Chern
Show
+2 Knowledge: as the bloodlust subsides they will rely more on their intelligence than their instincts. They were also appear more scientifically accurate, showing that the fire has dwindled inside them.

+1 writing: they will develop their own language that will be one of easiest languages to learn for both of them and other people.

Spoiler: Chern helping Grawissen
Show
Help Grawissen create a demigod

Chern has learned a great deal on his long walk this age. Two of those things have been drinking, and rapidly creating copies of himself. He will now apply these ideas to Deja Vu.

+4 decay, giving Deja Vu the ability to split into mildly weaker copies of itself, provided that the person he is bonded to is...

+1 fermentation, drunk. Deja Vu gains this ability when the mortal he is bonded to is drunk, taking the concept of liquid courage to a strange level of literalness.