Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
If I say "James used the artwork", you almost certainly assume that he was using it to express himself (was the artist) or was using it for some purpose (James used the artwork as a shield). I don't think anyone would, if asked whether or not James had used the artwork for anything, say "Yes" if he'd only looked at the artwork. You might just say that someone used a doorway if prompted, but I don't think that walking through a doorway is using a material possession, unless you think the air that constitutes the doorway is a material possession which is just insane troll logic. And if you ask "Did James use the house for anything?" then "No, he was just there to see John" is a perfectly reasonable response. You aren't generally considered to use a house that you're not living in, even if you're there for a while.

You're basically trying to make "Use" have a meaning that almost nobody actually uses it for and then say that this is "More RAW". It isn't.
What use is most artwork than to look at or listen to it? Yeah, some artwork is functional, especially interactive artwork, but how often do you come across an interactive work in a fantasy setting that isn't Eberron?