Cult of The Mad God

The great master of the path of emotion rose from his spot where he had been sitting on the beach. To be fair, he was merely the farthest along the path and not yet a true master. He entered the treeline and made his way deep towards a vast clearing. His magicite and amberis necklace shown with a bright yellow.

Standing at the center of the clearing he waits patiently. His watching disciples do not know how long he stays like that but the children are sure that it must be hours. Five minutes have passed when suddenly the clearing erupts with motion. A terror unlike any the island has known bursts into the open area and begins to attack the Grand Master. Luckily, the Grand Master is, in truth as well as name, a master of the Warrior form. He holds his own against the best, speaking softly to it, stroking it as it passes. Soon more of the beasts arrive but not all are the same. There is another kind.

For nearly a week the Grand Master stays in the clearing and beats back every challenger of these beasts. One form of these beasts challenges him much more while the other watches and observes. It is on the ninth day that finally the beasts stop and speak. "Who are you?"

The old man turns to the assembled crowd of cultists, tongues and terrors alike. "I have seen the bonds these people share with one another. The warrior spirit burns within them. And these others who sit and watch and do nothing, they have the chance to gain us wisdom for the ages. It shall be my mark on these people to bring our groups together in service of the mad god."

He then leads them all to the Lucent Crown. He explains the story of the crown to the crowd. "This is the symbol of our service to the mad god. It is how we know that we are yet not worthy of the trust he has bestowed upon us. Here we have much knowledge that we have gathered. The gods have taught us magics and how to form metal from the blood of trees. The travellers have brought us texts we have yet to decipher. Should you serve along side us, you would share in this knowledge as you have shared in our language. I ask the Mad god to send us a sign that this union is blessed by his will."

At that very moment, Timorin arrived in the clearing. "Greetings my people. I see you have all gathered to celebrate my arrival. This time however I bear no gifts. I have a promise though. I have a great work to bring forth before you and to gift to your people. One that will bring you into a new age of knowledge. All I ask from you is a single death and I shall bring those loyal to me together as one people."

The terror that first fought the Grand Master that first day took a step forward. "I shall pay the price to unite our people's."

Timorin smiles. He didn't expect it to be that easy. He may need another death if he was being honest, but he would try one for now and see how much power it granted him. His project to unite these people with his others throughout the globe would be well on its way soon.

From here the terrors found a place among the cult of the mad god. Those who chose to at least. Some decided to risk trying on the crown for the offer of power and destiny but many took up the more aggressive jobs. They guarded the coasts and the crown. They were the ones kept close at hand when someone would try on the crown.

The tongues however still felt quite left out and unsure of their place but those that found a home on the Isles of Madness began trying to decipher the texts travellers had left behind and serving as the thinkers for the islands.

Spoiler: Secondary Action
Show
Secondary Action 1AP Sacrifice 1 person for 6 BP