Spoiler: Astra
Show
Shockingly, none of these five are spellcasters. Beyond their innate ability to cast faerie fire, they have no magic at all. "But you're a wizard! We can rely on you for that sort of thing... right?"

Spoiler: Kor
Show
Your strength holds, and the faeries escape unscathed. Now, in the open air, they look around in confusion. First you unleashed an assortment of beasts on their ritual, then you saved them - the sense that you get is that they aren't sure whether you're friend or foe. Eventually their leader, Lord Bumblegrove, staggers his way to the front. He's an old faerie, long of beard, wearing brightly coloured finery. "What is the meaning of this?!" He huffs.

Spoiler: Violet
Show
Cloverfield sends a young faerie to get Astra, then takes you to the children. They have a dedicated wing of the palace, which is clearly protected with some powerful wards. You can almost feel the magic pressing down on you when you walk through the door. Inside, you head down a corridor, past recreation rooms, education rooms, a canteen and a gym. It's nicely appointed, but also kind of eerie, very much like a doll's house except that everything is larger than the faeries who built it, instead of smaller.

The children are in a dressing room, getting changed into some fancy outfits. The dresses are frilly and lacy, in the colours of a golden sunrise, and the children look rather stiff. Tadd is fussing at his sleeves, succeeding only in messing them up even more, while Lucinda can't seem to get her hair to stay where she wants it. When they see you, they all rush over, each wanting your attention in their own way.

They're all talking at the same time, and you're badly outnumbered. You hear a jumble of:
"Look at this bracelet I made!"
"Raven stole my shoe!"
"Help me practice my speech for when Jurgen comes back!"
"I did not!"
"Do your thing with the flowers again!"