Snuck some Battlegrounds time in this weekend when I wasn't playing Dragonball. I rather like the Dragons update so far - new comp possibilities with Dragons themselves are rather cool, and I absolutely love that their addition has made Menagerie a lot more viable again. Especially with the stealth-buff of Lightfang Enforcer so it that now added Dragons to the types it hits without removing any of the original four, so it can now buff five things at once. Managed a first-place finish with a menagerie comp that started with Lightfang buffs and transitioned a bit later into Brann for faster buffing - haven't seen a composition like that take first at least since Amalgam was removed, if not since Lightfang was nerfed.

I haven't gotten to try all of the new heroes, but I mostly like the ones that I have. Nozdormu seems strong, albeit not exciting - a free refresh per turn makes it a lot easier to build a coherent comp, and helps in the early game since you get a re-roll even on turn 1 if you're offered crap. Ysera is nice, makes it a lot easier to build a Dragons-focused comp, but I'm not sure how strong that makes her. Reno is kind of cool, hit the right thing with his hero power and it can be a big deal. My one time with him I took a crappy mechs comp that had no Cobalt Guardian into top 4 by grabbing a Junkbot off a triple and turning it gold. Ideally I think Reno really wants to hit something like a Brann or Baron Rivendare, though - or maybe Kalecgos or Razorgore if he's running dragons - I was just in bad shape in that match and needed the power spike to not finish in the bottom.

The only one I've played and don't really like is Galakrond. His power is okay I guess, but hard to leverage right. I tried using it repeatedly and freezing to get an early tier 5 or 6 minion, but I took a lot of damage trying to set that up, and whiffed on getting anything crazy enough to make up for it. Getting to tier 4/5 and just using it to fish for good minions from the next tier up might be the better way to play him, but then isn't he just slightly different Toki?

Haven't gotten to try Deathwing, Malygos, or Alexstraza. From playing against Deathwing, he seems strong if built right; hard to say about the other two.