1. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I have not had good luck yet with Ysera. Dragons in general I have had a hard time with, I suspect I am just playing them wrong. I have done good late game dragon transitions, but any time I try to start dragons in the early/mid game, I end up getting stomped even when I have what looks like a good comp. Until Razorgore and Kalecgos come online, they just don't have the sort of scaling necessary to keep up it feels like. Though cherry picking stronger dragons and slotting them into menagerie comps has seemed really successful, that's not really what Ysera's specialized at doing.
    My impressions so far (with limited play time, to be fair) is that Dragons are a bit like a less extreme version of Murlocs. They're good in the early game, when Red Whelp and Waxrider Toggwaggle are crazy good; and have a very strong late game, propelled by Kalecgos, Razorgore, and Nadina (the deathrattle: give your Dragons divine shield minion); but they're a bit more lackluster in the mid-game in between those two periods, due to a lack of buff options (only Menagerie Magician and Zoobot can hit them before the tier 5 Dragon buffer) and the mid-game Dragons really needing buffs to shine (the Divine Shield + Reborn one, the overkill: deal damage one). Also, one of the better mid-game Dragons is the one that gets buffed when your Divine Shields drop, but in the mid-game there's only one Dragon with Divine Shield, and it starts small and, as mentioned, is hard to buff at first; otherwise, only Mechs have Divine Shields (unless you're playing George, anyway). Which pushes it more into the Menagerie comp at that period.

Starting Dragons, transitioning to a part-mech Menagerie-type strategy in the mid-game, and transitioning back to full Dragons if/when you find their late-game power cards might be the way to handle them at this point.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-03-02 at 01:15 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis