From their position in the divine realms, Petr has watched their child grow older and wiser among mortalkind. For the most part everything has gone quite well. But recently, his poor son got stuck in a severe rainstorm which left him bedridden with a severe cold for a whole week. There was never any fear for his life, especially while Petr is still awake. But soon the gods will once more return to their "sleep" as it were. A time in which Petr can't maintain their child. Mortality has given Nerassus perspective, but what he will need now is the power to remain manifest even as Petr drifts off.

That is why Petr has been gathering up waters of life from all across the planet. Healing springs that contain trace amount of Petr's essence. Mixed with a pure drop of their own, it'll should be enough to create an elixir that can grant a nongod the longevity of a divine. But Petr is not satisfied. To them the elixir lacks... something. Which is what has brought them to Ymon-Thal.

"Hello Ymon-Thal. How's Verys doing?"

"Petr!" Ymon greeted. "She's good, kinda weird but great. A little sad, I think. But happy."

Thal nodded, though whether in greeting or in agreement was a little unclear. "Petr."

"Sad and happy both at once? She's certainly taking well after you two." Petr looks out over the Passing. Souls drift from gaps between the mortal world and the passing, and back again in a seemingly endless stream. A torrent that will only grow wilder as mortalkind becomes more numerous. "There's sure to be a lot of work for her to do when we're gone, which is actually why I came here to speak with you. How did you plan to keep her active and energized while we're gone?"

"We have our ways", Thal said. "Life and death are not exactly unknown to us."

"Yeah, we can keep her alive for ever and ever. Except if we fail, then..." Ymon mimed an explosion with his hands. "Poof. No more soul."

Thal's eyes narrowed. "I suppose we could listen to other ideas if you have any."

Petr nods their head thoughtfully, before they pull out a small bowl. Swirling within is a peculiar liquid. Free-flowing like water, but with a faintly golden hue. "That's the thing yeah. If we're asleep we can't step in to help our demigods. I've been working on a solution to help keep Nerassus active and allow him to live independently of my divine essence. Which is why I have made this. A concoction of the healing springs I have spread across the world. Various pieces of my own essence to give him health and vitality. And a small drop of my own purest essence, so that should the body be destroyed he can recreate it from his soul. But it's unstable. I don't know if I can make it work for sure. So I came here."

Both of Ymon-Thal stared at the bowl and the liquid in it, seeing beyond its appearance to the energies within. "Yes, yes, this could work. We can poke and prod it just right."

"But we cannot stabilize it for long, divine essence is not meant for such a form."

Ymon lit up. "A party! No, not a party. Like a party but with fewer people and no punch."

"That would be a meeting." Thal turned to Petr. "If we bring Nerassus and Thal-Verys together we should be able to stabilize your concoction long enough."

Petr's face lights up. They nod their head and rub their chin thoughtfully. "The best solution then I think would be to bring them both to the MoonPool. The mortal world and the Passing are close there. If you summon Thal-Verys, I will bring Nerassus."

Petr and Nerassus stand together at the edge of the MoonPool. It's a dark, moonless night. One Petr chose so as to keep the mortals from prying too closely. As far as they know, Nerassus is in his bed, fast asleep. Instead of standing beside her. The five year old giant is clutching Petr tightly about the waist as he takes delight in his parent's presence. Petr has their gaze focused upon the surface of the lake and past it.

"This is so exciting Momma. What is the secret? You gonna tell me? C'mon. Please. I've been good."

"The best my dear boy. But please calm yourself. We're having guests tonight, and I want you to be on your best behaviour. He is going to help me with the surprise." They give Nerassus a knowing smile before they brush their hand gently through the thick fur on his head. "Why don't you tell your animal friends to take some steps back so they don't get frightened.

"Aww. You saw them? You're so obsh... obst.... you're so good at looking momma.

With a soundless flash Ymon-Thal and Thal-Verys manifested. Instead of his previous adult forms Ymon-Thal looked like two boys about Nerassus' own age. Thal's childlike face looked even more dour than usual while Ymon looked more like himself than ever. Thal-Verys looked perplexed at her god, now several feet shorter than herself.

"Hey! You're Nerassus, aren't you? You seem nice!" Ymon said, running up to the demigod and seemingly one second of lost self-control away from poking him.

Thal glared at his other self. "He is not being condescending. He is just like this." He looked over at the bowl Petr was holding. "Should we get started?"

"I am!" Nerassus claps his hands together with glee. His eyes gaze up and down over Ymon, before he turns to Thal. He bows his head slightly in an attempt to appear cordial. "It is nice to meet you both. Is that the surprise? New playmates?!

"Not exactly. Nerassus, be a dear and walk over to the woman okay? Petr gestures to Thal-Verys. Nerassus looks up at his parent, before he gives an obedient nod, waddling over to Verys with a friendly smile.

"Hi. Do you know what's about to happen miss?"

Petr meanwhile offers the bowl to Thal with a nod. Within the bowl float two tiny motes of pure essence. Smaller than a grain of sand, yet instantly recognizable to a god as fragments of Petr, offered up for Verys and Nerassus.

Thal-Verys looked down at the small demigod. Even as a mortal she had never been very good with children and no amount of godhood was likely to change that. "Hi. I think... do you know what death is?" She stopped, mentally slapping herself. "I mean, I think they are going to make sure you are... you know, around for a really long time."

Meanwhile, Ymon and Thal flickered out of existence and Ymon-Thal stood as one next to Petr. He accepted the bowl and held his hand above it, forcing the metaphorical storm in the bowl to turn into calm seas. The essence was stable. "It is done. Now hurry."

Petr takes the bowl and walks over to the two demigods. As they step forward they split themselves. Petra stepping up to Nerassus to offer him one bowl, while Peter steps up to Thal-Verys with another. "Drink up." They say in unison.

"Okay!" Nerassus grabs the bowl and empties the contents into his mouth. He smacks his lips thoughtfully for a moment. "Huh. Tastes like honey... and ooh. It tickles! The young demigod chuckles as the essence flows through his body, going from the top of his ears to the end of his toes, causing his whole body to briefly glow with divine energy.

Thal-Verys bowed her head as she accepted the bowl. "Thank you." She held it for moment, paused by nameless doubt, before lifting it to her mouth and letting the contents flow down her throat. She felt the energy burn through her and a second after seeing Nerassus light up she did the same.

The glow only lasts for a few moments. But while it flows through them they can feel the tingling touch of eternity through their form. Like a wellspring of life flowing from the depths of their core, keeping the very concept of death at bay for them both. They shall not grow old.

Spoiler: Action: Petr and Ymon-Thal
Show

12 AP/8 DC: Immortalise a demigod *2
Together, Petr and Ymon-Thal immortalize their demigods. Using Ymon-Thal's domains of life and death and Petr's essence, the two demigods are granted the same brand of immortality.

+2 Healing: The essence of Petr grants health and vitality. Their wounds will heal automatically, and their bodies will never grow old and frail with age.
+2 Water: The pure water of Petr will shield them from the needs of a physical body. Hunger, thirst, sleep. These are luxuries that they may choose to indulge, but will nevermore need.
+2 Life: Ymon's essence of life strengthens their bodies and souls to a level beyond any living mortal.
+2 Death: No matter how old or wounded, Thal ensures that their souls are kept from being drawn into the Passing
+2 MoonPool: The sacred MoonPool will act as an emergency net. Should the unthinkable come to pass, and their bodies end up completely destroyed, they may rebuild their bodies from the MoonPool's sacred water.