[Not So Good Morning]

"I... maybe..." Adir leans his hip on the bureau in the hall and covers his face with his hands. Rubs slowly. "It was just so real. And the things they were saying weren't... dream things."

"You're right. I'm sorry. I don't wanna scare you." He lifts his face and smiles a little wanly at her, little dark circles under his eyes. Of course, he's got those about half the time with the number of kiddies they have to take care of. "You don't think I'm crazy now, do you?"

[Training Day]

"Trust me, Wenomir, if you can hit things well enough for it to matter with knives, you can shoot a gun. It might even feel too easy. That's how I took to em' after using a bow all my life."

Adir looks then to Koshal. Raises a finger. Takes a breath. "...I did not consider this. My bad, kid. One sec." He goes to his gun cases he brought down and digs around. Commes out with an extremely large bore shotgun. The trigger guard has been stripped, and a stock has been added in place of the absurd little pistol grip.

"To be honest, I haven't used that rifle you're holding since before I got this big - don't ask - and I forgot I've been having to make adjustments to some of my kit. Take this for instance. It used to have a guard around the trigger here, but I cut it off. To be honest with you, though, I don't know how guys smaller than us ever fired this thing accurately. It shoots twenty-three millimeter rounds - that's the type of thing they use to shoot down fighter jets on some worlds. The barrel is repurposed from a cannon." Adir grins savagely with this bit of history. "Cool, right?"

"Okay, fellas." He indicates the range. He doesn't comment on Wenomir's mistake with pointing it a way he shouldn't, as long as it wasn't at any of them... but he watches the warrior closely. He hands them a couple things... what they will recognize as earplugs. He has to raise his voice for them to hear, but it isn't too bad for conversation all in all. "Fire at will. But! Uh. Not too fast. Squeeze the trigger, don't pull on it. Keep a firm grip but don't try to crush the things in your hands. Remember what I said, and speak up if you need help. Cernunnos!"

The boy perks up from being distracted by his mount's bouncing. With his dad's rather commanding voice he looks like a little soldier coming to attention. One imagines between he and Sakura these kids are pretty well disciplined.

"You just stay back there and don't move. Put those plugs in that I gave you. Don't distract Wenomir or Koshal, okay?"

The boy nods quickly. Now he's really watching.

The first and most difficult thing Wenomir might need to overcome is the noise. Especially from Koshal's gun. It really does sound like it was made from a cannon. At least with the earplugs it doesn't hurt to hear.

Next will be the way the thing jumps in his hands, like it's trying to escape. It's a serious challenge to find what seems like a good bead on the target and then have to readjust after each little jerk. The tech probably feels alien to him, invisible missiles placing tiny holes in the paper downrange. It will be even worse for Koshal. The KS23 kicks, for lack of a better reference, like a full grown minotaur. The shoulder stock helps, but the weapon is clearly a brutal, destructive, and difficult tool. And of course if he hits... well it probably produces the largest holes he's ever seen a gun put in something.