Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
Chaarix, however, takes a step forward, towards Morlun. Static crackles around her mouth and in between her teeth. "I have," she says, though does not mention that she probably couldn't tell the difference between them unless they stood side by side. And maybe not even then. "The few that traveled too near to me soon learned the error of their ways."
Morlun snorted again, but did not counter Chaarix's argument. "Their numbers are their greatest danger."

"Be at peace, Morlun," Chenizir spoke up. "The humanoids you seek are injured, so they will be weak for a time. However, they have several hours time a head start. Your quarry are two humans skilled in burglary, an elf trained in magic, and a dwarf of martial prowess. The elf bore markings upon their face I recognize from the northern lands and the dwarf the heraldry of a griffon. As of the two humans, I remember the salty scent of the sea upon their clothes."

Spiriah raised her head at hearing the description of a salty scent. "The ocean to the east?"

"And of your riches they stole?" Morlun asked. "There are four items, are there?"

"Yes," Chenizir answered. "A shield made of polished silver with perfect reflection, a sword with the hilt of a red rose, a crown of jade with sapphires that glow ghostly blue, and a cloak of moss with the scent of the fey. In the wrong hands, these items are dangerous. Each one had participated in the Lion's War."

Morlun narrowed his eyes at that. Spiriah by contrast tilted her head.