1. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 24: Don't tell the others, but I'm rooting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar
    10 Battlegrounds Fun Facts!

1. Murloc Tidehunter is the most picked Tier 1 Minion. Spawn of N'Zoth for Tier 2, Cobalt Guardian for Tier 3, Defender of Argus for Tier 4, Brann Bronzebeard for tier 5, and Ghastcoiler for Tier 6.
    Makes sense for the most part, though Defender of Argus surprises me quite a bit. I don't feel like I grab that one too often - every now and then, but not consistently with any particular build, and it's certainly not a "grab it whenever you see it" type like the others on the list can be IMO. I would've expected Mechano-Egg to be the most picked 4-star myself.

3. Reno Jackson is the 4th most picked hero, but has the 24th highest placement ranking among all heroes. Ragnaros is 23rd place and Pyramad is 25th.
    Wow. I mean, I knew he probably wasn't one of the better heroes, but I really think he should be better than Ragnaros. Then again, I think Pyramad should be better than Ragnaros too, honestly.

4. Among 5k+ rated players, Jaraxxus has the 28th highest average placement. Among players with less than 5k rating, Jaraxxus is the 5th highest average placement. Among <5k rated players, he has the 2nd highest top 4 rate (69.5%), only behind Deathwing.
    Huh. I didn't expect there wouldn't be differences between lower and higher level play of course, but I can't imagine why Jaraxxus would be that good at low-level play.

5. Among 5k+ rated players, The Great Akazamzarak has the 8th highest average placement. Among players with less than 5k rating, The Great Akazamzarak is the 20th highest average placement.
    Hm, makes sense that he's better in the hands of more skilled players, that hero power of his can do some strong things, but isn't as easy to figure out how to make work as most others. Not a fan of him myself, personally, so I just tend to avoid him.

7. The least powerful hero in all regions at all levels is Millhouse Manastorm. He has the lowest average placement and lowest rate of top 4 and top 1. He could use a buff :).
    Sadly unsurprising, and I hope they do buff him. He has an interesting play style, but oh boy paying double for refreshes just hurts way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    To see where you line up for MMR in Battlegrounds:

Only includes players that have completed at least 5 games of Battlegrounds in the last 20 days. Iksar said that 6.5K is about where Legend would be in Ladder.

<5000: 62% of Players
    5500: Top 20%
    6000: Top 10%
    6500: Top 3%
    7000: Top 1%
    8000: Top 0.1%
    8700: Top 0.01%
    Huh, cool to know. Guess I'm technically higher ranked in Battlegrounds than I ever was in standard, since I think rank 2 was my highest there, but I'm about 7.5k in Battlegrounds. Then again, it's a lot easier to reach higher ranks when your rank doesn't reset every month, so that's a definitely a major contributor. I've long thought that the only thing keeping me from reaching Legend was just that I don't play enough in a given month, even during periods when I was really into the game. Lack of winstreaks at rank 5+ slows down ranking up so much once you're there that you need to play a lot to get to Legend.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2020-03-09 at 04:42 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis