View Single Post

Thread: Planar Odyssey [IC]

1. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Planar Odyssey [IC]

The peaceguard falls back, hacking and coughing their way away from the stinking cloud. The only one who ends up on your side is Lt Ghomm, who collapses against a nearby merchant stall that was vacated in the previous commotion.

Sefariel can hear the whispering voice of Tanner cursing under her breath, and it dawns on him that both of them are standing invisibly next to each other. She fiddles feverishly with the lock on the gate to no immediate success even as Roderick and Atticus arrive to join them.

Time, however, has run out. The carriage comes to a screeching halt on the roadway. The lesser host devils fan out, circling in a broad motion around the group but being careful not to draw too close. The efreeti gives a glare to Atticus before rapping his fist against the carriage to alert those inside. A moment later the door opens and three figures exit. The first is the genie himself. Lord Fairwind imperiously surveys the scene with a look of intense displeasure upon his face. Behind him is a heavily armed and armored aasimar woman that only Roderick recognizes; Gloria Goldeneye, leader of the Sky Sabres mercenary company. She merely shakes her head upon noticing Roderick and stands at attention beside Lord Fairwind. The third figure actively hurts just to lay eyes upon. Gazing upon their visage drives needles into your brain, and the moment you look away the very memory of even having seen them is erased from your mind.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Everyone failed their save; while you can see the Mnemor devil, you cannot form any memories of her. The moment she disappears from your field of view you will forget you even saw her at all. This does not prevent you from attacking her.

"Fraud, burglary, resisting arrest, harboring planar fugitives, destruction of property, and..." Fairwind glances at the mangled corpse of the bone devil before finishing his pronouncement "murder," he pauses before turning his gaze back upon the visible members of the party, "an impressive list of crimes for your short time in Ankoro. But this ends here and now. If you bring further violence to my streets, I see no reason why I shouldn't turn a blind eye to our extradition laws and allow you to be swiftly transported to Dis to face summary judgement there,"

Fairwind suddenly opens his arms widely, "but if you were to peaceably lay down your arms and submit to my custody and protection, I might just be magnanimous enough to-" he recoils suddenly and jerks his head towards the mysterious figure whose presence eludes your mind. "Keep your appendages to yourself," he mutters quietly, just barely within earshot, then he pushes the figure away and recomposes himself to finish his speech, "the choice is yours,"

As Fairwind finishes his speech Sefariel hears a soft click; Tanner has managed to open the lock.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

3 rounds have passed so Roderick is no longer fatigued. The skiff is still chained in place. I'm presuming the party is standing together near the gate unless otherwise stated.

Ryel Fairwind, the Efreeti, Gloria Goldeneye, two bearded devils, and the mnemor devil are all visible opponents who stand about 30 ft away from you. 8 Lesser Host Devils circling are overhead and are about 50 ft away

Warning: this is an APL+5 encounter. You are not expected to win this fight. You are expected to beat a fighting retreat.
    Last edited by Darvin; 2020-03-09 at 05:16 PM.