View Single Post

Thread: Improved Saves: Is This Feat Good?

1. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Improved Saves: Is This Feat Good?

Quote Originally Posted by noce View Post
    Luck of Heroes is a Regional feat from Player's Guide to Faerun.
    This means it requires to be of one of the races listed, from one of the regions listed, and to take that feat at first level.

I cannot explicitly describe the feat, but it's half the proposed feat, plus another minor benefit.

That said, yes, I think this feat is unbalanced, and I'd always consider it on a mundane build.
    After all, in my experience a failed save is the most likely end mundane characters encounter.
    I am somewhat confused by the local standards of describing non-SRD material, but that feat is, to my knowledge, equvalent to the half of the proposed feat plus something else, not to the proposed feat plus something else.

Honor Bound is not even close. Most of the failed saves would not result in breaking the honor code. Depending on the interpretation it may apply to something that completely incapacitates you (including SoD) if you fighting to fulfill the promise, but it definitely does not apply to something which merely inflicts hp damage, attribute damage or gives you -X to Y rolls.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 2020-03-13 at 07:47 AM.