View Single Post

Thread: Improved Saves: Is This Feat Good?

1. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Improved Saves: Is This Feat Good?

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    The (very oversimplified) rule of thumb is that a feat is typically worth somewhere between 3,000-10,000gp. (That's based on the Alertness ioun stone, Legendary Sites in Complete Scoundrel, and a few other things). The closest effect that this feat mimics is a Cloak of Resistance +2, which costs 4,000gp, with the benefit that it's not dispellable and stacks with everything. I'd say that this is appropriate for a Feat. It's something I'd probably consider on a lot of builds, useful for everybody, but not a definite must-have for every situation. I think it would end up seeing maybe a bit less use than Improved Initiative. Make it count for any of the three garbage feats in terms of prereqs, and I'd say it's fine.
    This.

Several places in the rules have more valuable prereq-less feats worth about 10,000 gp when granted by items. Otyugh hole for Iron Will is worth, what, 3,000 gp? More than three times the cost of a "meh" feat for three times the benefit sounds fine to me, especially since that "meh" feat is a prereq for a LOT of stuff.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2020-03-13 at 10:27 AM.