Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
For a home game, it's probably fine. For general game design... eh, also probably fine, but could be an ingredient in problematic builds with all the rest that's out there, because "big numbers" is its own problem at times.

Its biggest sin to me is that it's boring. Even the lame single-save feats are better in this respect, because at least they make a statement about what you're shoring up or where your strengths lie. (That's not a big improvement, mind, and they're still garbage.)

Thinking on how to improve it, I would actually go in a...tangential direction. Remember the Luck Feates from Complete Scoundrel? Most of them gave a reroll for various reasons, and a luck point. You almost always had to spend a luck point for the reroll, but your luck points were fungible so you could use any of the reroll mechanisms at your disposal, paid for by luck points from any source.

I suggest making this broader, but cost a luck point to use.

Lucky Break
You sometimes have near-failures turn into successes due to random lucky happenstance.
Benefit: You can a luck point. Any time you're rolling a d20, you may spend a luck point after seeing the result to add a +2 luck bonus to the roll, as something goes just right at the last second.
You'd need some other benefit to the feat to make it worthwhile, considering the "+2 to all saves" is decent but not amazing by feat standards. Remember, the three extant "+2 to a save" feats are pretty awful. As I mentioned, a decent feat costs about 10k gp and even WotC costed Iron Will at 3k gp.

Have it give you a luck point and maybe also the ability to spend 2 luck points for a full reroll after you've failed a save, which includes the +2 bonus, maybe.