Rina and Coney seek out and chat with Mart about his life since their conversation at the farm.

You find Mart at an inn who is selling an awful lot of bear-meat with honey. He looks quite good, but a little reserved, though with your talking abilities you get him to open up. If he had wounds from a bear battle they seem to be mostly healed. He tells you openly that he is from Valsena and from house Vish. The house was, in the past, mostly known for their fierce battle progress and daredevil attitude but is know only a husk of it's former self. Somehow he got a lot of the hot blood inherited and that got him in a lot of trouble in his teenage years.

After that he seems to hesitate a moment but he admits that he has been talked to by a strange recruiting guy. He gave him a good beatdown and then got talked to by a totally different guy who praised his strong arm and coaxed him into going to a meeting. They spoke of some things that interested him very much. Glorious heroes slaying monsters, dark times that should be avoided… And a lot of praise for him and his strength and his fury. He fell out of that circle only recently and now try's to find a bit of work. He would be very interested if you have an idea.
Mart revealed that he was to meet with representatives of his mysterious master at a bar in town. Some subset of the PC's agree to be on hand for that meeting, supporting Mart in case it turns violent. In case it becomes relevant, Coney looks like a mixed-breed dog, and all PC's are invisible for this exchange. It unfolds as follows:

He goes out of the town some ways, near where you first met him. There are three people waiting for him. One that looks like a half-elf, that wears camouflaging clothing and a shortbow (she sits in bright light, what kinda defeats the purpose.) One that looks so much like a clichee-maga that it hurts (robe with arcane symbols and a bright pointy hat with stars on it.) And a nicely-dressed male spokesperson who either has used a lot of cantrips to keep himself clean or has magic pants and a magic shirt.

"Ah, Mart. I saw a rather lack of corpses littering the farms. Can you explain that to me?" Mart stands there pretty calm and collected. "I think we got it all wrong, I talked with some…" He get's interrupted by the other man. "You talked to people?!" He shakes his head, stiffling a laugh. "What did he tell you? What did our master tell you? He told you to don't talk to others, because they are in thrall of our enemies! How could you get that wrong?"

He shakes his head again for emphasis. The half-elf is still on lookout and the maga takes a step forward, exactly when Mart want's to get some words in.

"Don't be so harsh to him, Sigmund! Everyone of us could get turned around, but that's why we are here. And you know what the best thing is? Despite him having doubts Mart is still with us. He still have come to us, to talk about his doubts and we can help him see the right path again."

She hugs herself, clearly moved by her own words. She seems shocked after Mart talked. "Get off, I don't want to go back." She stutters a bit. "B-b-but why?"

Mart sighs. "You know I was in the town and..." He get's interrupted again. "You also get into the town? Are you freaking mad?! That was the one thing you should have never ever done why you…" This time Mart interrupts him. "It's fine, the people there are fine. They don't want to exploit anyone, no one is under the tyrannic order of the high priest, they just want to live in peace and to forcefully tnterrupt that peace is just horrible. I don't want to do that anymore."

There is a heavy silence that hangs in the air. It get's interrupted by Sigmund. "You know we have to bring you back now, don't you?" The half-elf looks to Mart, as does the maga, though her face is heavy with concern. Mart's hands get to his sword though he doesn't draw it. "You could try, but I will defend myself and who knows perhaps I kill one of you." Sigmund throws his hands up in the air. "Ok, you know what? You can stay here." He get's a confused look from the maga but he explains himself. "I can't convince you with my words, our mission was to check up on you and if possible bring you back. It may be possible but I don't want to endanger my brethren, that does include you Mart." Sigmund gives him an intense look. "You may rethink when you see the dark, Sludge that is hiding beneath the surface of the citizens you begin to endear that much. You know where to find us."

He turns around and just begins walking.
Coney is torn, wanting to learn more about the trio but concerned about Mart after that exchange. Perhaps Rina will choose to track the trio, now or later, but that's all rather outside of Coney's wheelhouse, so to speak. She trails Mart quietly for half a mile or so before dropping the invisibility and joining him on the road back into town (still looking like a dog, albeit a talking one). For a while, she simply walks with Mart, gauging his frame of mind, before speaking.

"I'm so sorry, but you were kind of amazing back there. Are you all right?"

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Diplomacy to keep him calm and engaged: (1d20+22)[28]