1. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * I may not put forward the idea that there are biologically female Space Marines, they just all identify as and present as male.
    As I understand it, it's definitely possible for the opposite to be true [that there are female space marines but all have XY]. But in order for the genophage that modifies the person into a space marine to work, they have to have a Y chromosome. Presumably, it uses the fact that the Y-chromosome is always expressed [whereas, in AFAB people, one X chromosome is actually dormant and one is active] and tiny to add all the other space marine gene stuff to the end of the Y chromosome or something and guarantee that it's expressed while having reduced potential to malfunction due to interactions with also-active matching genes on active chromosomes.

OTOH, both statments are probably be true in the Emperor's Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohron View Post
    * Our space marines cannot attend a formal dinner in full power armor
    ** No, sticking your medals onto the power armor does not make it OK
    *** Seriously, how are you going to handle the utensils with power armor gloves?
    **** May not requistion Servo Skulls to handle your utensils for you
    You can wear your power armor anywhere you want. Anyone who would object to your power armor also probably can't actually do anything about you wearing power armor.
    Last edited by LordCdrMilitant; 2020-03-15 at 08:13 PM.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!