1. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: what are some ultimate items in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by newguydude1 View Post
    spells do everything i want so i never used magic items and always gave em to my party members. but playing ragnarok online and making god items and seeing how npcs talk about god items with fear in their voices made me wanna be a guy who makes god items.

as i understand though, artifacts in this game kind of suck. and are uncraftable. so what are some real ultimate items? like what combination of +10 weapon or armor makes it the ultimate weapon or armor that would make people kill each other to obtain one or try to blackmail my artificer into making one?

single items are ok too. thought bottle for obvious reasons and rod of excellent magic.
    Most high-level items aren't very valuable for their gp cost. I find that combining lower- and mid-level items tends to be a lot more useful. Use the rules in the MIC (which are pretty much identical to the "suggestions" in the DMG) to create stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Here're a few:

Let Me Touch Your Skin
    So, find someone who can create and install illithid grafts (LoM). No, illithids are not a good idea here, because you'll wake up without a brain. Try a relatively trustworthy shapeshifter who can take the form of an illithid, or destroy the mind of an illithid and then use one of the myriad ways of inhabiting its body and do it yourself; those are much better ideas. Have 'em put you (or your body, at least) under for a few weeks (best done in quintessence) and remove your skin, turning it into an illithid humanoid skin graft. Now, ensure it's preserved via gentle repose or similar, and then enhance it as a magic item or twenty, which will take up your magic item slots, (?)(un)fortunately(?). Then reinstall.

My favorite is the below WoC sanctified psychoactive skin of proteus, with a built-in 'possum pouch that is itself enhanced as a handy haversack + sanctified enveloping pit (for a 10' x 10' x 50' haversack), with hands that act like gloves of the master strategist to shrink items and auto-store them in your pouch.

Now you're a shapeshifter who has his own video game inventory.

Holy Psychoactive Skin, Batman!
    Use the Words of Creation (WoC) feat on a sanctified psychoactive skin of proteus. Now you've got +1 ML for fairly cheap on it, and you can use it to turn into creatures of 8 HD or lower. This works well for any psionic or magic item, really, but on the skin of proteus it's especially valuable.
    [edit] And here is an exercise in how combining disparate items to enhance unarmed strikes can get you epic levels in special abilities for cheap.
    Last edited by MaxiDuRaritry; 2020-03-20 at 08:01 PM.