View Single Post

Thread: OOC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default OOC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Welcome to the OOC thread for the Dark Heresy First Edition game "The Purity of Sacrifice"! If you received an invitation to this thread, please post all of your character information and character sheet here.

The IC thread is linked here
    The IC II thread is linked here

The game is set in the Angevin Subsector, in 813.M41. The acolytes have been assembled by Inquisitor Finial Zarkov, a sleeper cell that has been living undercover on the Hive World Helius, in the midhive of Hive Hapheastein (see Locations described below). The acolytes have been living together for just under three standard months, long enough to become acquainted but without having been assigned their first task.

They are living in a nondescript hab block in the midhive of Hapheastein. Though the building looks like just any other housing complex in this part of the midhive, they are the only tenants. Extensive security measures have been in stalled by the Inquisitor, and the facility contains a sizable library as well as acceptable firing and weapons training rooms. The interior is sparsely decorated, more functional than comfortable, but has serves as a sort of home for the acolytes for the last almost three standard months.

The acolytes have been given the cover of members of The Credit Guild, one of the many essential Merchant Guilds on Helius. The Credit Guild is responsible for protecting the wealth of the Imperial citizens and loaning money at a steep interest rate. Even the crime bosses of the Underhive bank with the Credit Guild, and therefore members of the Guild have near unlimited access and safety within Hive Hapheastein. As part of their cover, each member has been given the yellow-gold colored cape of the Credit Guild, as well as a large copper ID badge which lists the acolyte's name and identifies them as a member of the guild. The acolytes have been under strict instruction to wear their disguise whenever they leave their base, and keep the ID badge with them at all times. The acolyte base has a hidden exit, that allows them to exit onto street level without stepping out of the hab block's front door, helping to disguise the location of their base and to maintain their cover as members of the Credit Guild.

All acolytes begin the game with the following extra equipment:
    *Credit Guild cape and uniform
    *Forged Credit Guild ID
    *Personally encrypted micro bead
    *Personally encrypted data slate

Spoiler: Employment Log
    Show
    "Acolytes," The Inquisitor begins in his low reedy voice, "it is finally time that I must call upon your services to take action in the name of The Holy Inquisition and The Emperor that we so dutifully serve. The stench of Xenos heresy has been caught in the Underhive of Hapheastein. A young ganger was caught by the local Planatary Enforcers fleeing the underhive this morning. As you know, a single rail car moves from the Midhive to the Underhive every morning, guarded only by Planetary Enforcers at the departed and arriving stations. The woman, named only Ria was in a state of panic, claiming to have witnessed the exchange of Xenos weaponry in the Underhive. She was apparently half mad from catching sight of the weapons. She was arrested by the Enforcers simply for leaving the Underhive, and was killed during their less than skillful interrogation. The local Arbites only recently obtained a copy of the interrogation transcript, and it is through them that I have heard about this.

"This Ria, claimed that the weapons were being sold by an unknown individual, described a wearing fine clothing too expensive for the Underhive, and wearing a single eye patch. He was selling the technology to a man named Half Face, the boss of one of the major gangs in the Underhive of Hapheastein, who call themselves Clan Sabay. The deal was apparently interrupted by a raid from a rival gang, known as Clan Tora. Ria fled the scene, and claimed not to know what happened to the Xenos technology.

"Obviously, there are several concerning questions that I am tasking you with solving in the name of The Inquisition. First, is who was this vendor, and where did he obtain the questionable Xenos technology. The second is what happened to the Xenos weaponry. And the third is how did Half Face obtain the resources to purchase such equipment? If possible, your job shall also be to capture or destroy the Xenos weaponry as well." The Inquisitor pauses for a moment before musing, "Of course, this Ria may have been confused about what was being sold, but The Inquisition cannot risk the spread of heretical Xenos tech. You should only be so lucky if this all resolves to be a misunderstanding."

He pauses again, letting his words sink in before continuing, "Your cover as members of The Credit Guild should allow you access to the Underhive, and give you a small degree of protection from the gangs and the scum that call that wretched place their home. Even the gang bosses in the Underhive store what little thrones they have with The Credit Guild. However, this will not promise you protection from violence. It is furthermore needless to say that you will risk breaking your cover if you go around asking too many questions that fall outside of the scope of a Guilder. Take your arms and equipment with you, but be cautious about walking around with your finest as it may just get you mugged or killed that much more easily.

After another pause, Inquisitor Zarkov finishes, "I have a single present for you. On the largest book shelf, third level, you will find a book titled, 'Fauna of the Spine Planets'. Within this book you will find a single Theta class Inquisitorial Rosette, signifying that you work for The Holy Ordos. Show it only in the most dire of circumstances, but it may get you out of the tightest of situations. You will take the next train down to the Underhive and meet with a man named Url Garrat. He runs a small Underhive hab specifically for Credit Guilders. He knows you are coming but does not know your true purpose. The train leaves at precisely 0600 your time, so you may use the rest of the day to pack and prepare as you see fit. Work quickly, work discretely, and work in the name of The Holy Emperor."

"I am sending my Interrogator and a few of my closer retinue to Helius to assist you. Though they will be traveling as quickly as they can, it will likely be about a standard week before they arrive."

"You could go directly to the Adeptus Arbites, though again, you should be cautious about compromising your cover... If you do go, I recommend asking for Arbitrator Godwyn. She was the officer who brought this to our offices."
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-07-26 at 02:31 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)