Thread: OOC: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: OOC: DH Sacrifice is Purity

Homebrew Rules
    Spoiler: Stealth Skill
    Show
    I want to combine the Concealment, Silent Move and Shadowing skills as one skill, which I will call Stealth.

It has never made very much sense to me that, in Dark Heresy, you have to make separate rolls in order to hide*, remain silent and/or conceal yourself while moving. Also, it's just weird that a sneaky assassin can get Silent Move at rank 1, but has to wait until rank 2 to get Shadowing and rank 3 to get Concealment.
    *I feel like hiding and staying in one place should be an automatic success sometimes, e.g. if you're not making any noise and no one can see you or has reason to go looking for you.

Also, I get the feeling that a cameleoline cloak (for example) should provide a bonus to Shadowing depending on the circumstances (i.e. it would provide a bonus if you are crouching behind cover trying to sneak up on someone, but not if you are moving through a crowd and trying not to be noticed.)

If you have any items that give bonuses to Concealment, Silent Move or Shadowing, you get a bonus to Stealth if it is appropriate in the circumstances. (E.g. if you want to go unnoticed in a crowd, a good disguise will probably give you a bonus, but a cameleoline cloak and synskin probably wouldn't.) If you have an item that give bonuses to more than one of these skills, you will get only one of the bonuses to Stealth (e.g. synskin gives a +10 bonus to both Concealment and Silent move and thus will give a +10 bonus to Stealth under most circumstances).

Stealth counts as a basic skill (i.e. Agility divided by 2).

If your advance scheme allows you to buy Concealment, Silent Move or Shadowing you may buy Stealth instead at the same price. However, from now on you will not be able to buy Stealth +10 until your advance scheme allows you to buy Concealment +10, Silent Move +10 or Shadowing +10 (instead of one of these skills and for the same price) and you will not be able to buy Stealth +20 until your advance scheme allows you to buy Concealment +20, Silent Move +20 or Shadowing +20 (instead of one of these skills and for the same price).

Spoiler: Throwing Grenades
    Show
    A grenade's range is determined by Strength Bonus (SB), with mid range being SBX3. The player throws the grenade with a BS test. The distance the grenade thrown may automatically add some scatter. See the table below.

A grenade may only be thrown up to 10XSB even when a person tries to throw farther. Furthermore, if the BS test fails, an additional 1d5 scatter is added for every 2 degrees of failure.

Spoiler: Grapnel Rules Update
    Show
    s per the book, it counts as a single shot Crossbow; M range 30 damage 1d10 with primitive quality. If the grappnel is fired at a target 30 m or less it is a Full action reload. Over 30m will be a 2Full Action. If the weapon hits, it initiates an opposed strength test. If you succeed and beat your opponent they are moved 10m for every degree of success towards you. If they beat you, you are moved by the same 10 m/ degreee towards them. The loser also cannot dodge during the next round. Finally, the winner who pulls the opponent into melee automatically initiates a grapple. If neither succeed on their strength test, neither is moved and both can dodge as normal.

To use the grapnel repeatedly as a weapon you will need to purchase Exotic Training- Grapnel to avoid suffering a penalty.

Spoiler: Updated Psy Power Rules
    Show
    Taken from the Rogue Trader rulebook, pages 158 and 172:

A sanctioned psyker can choose to activate any of his Minor or Discipline powers in one of three ways: Fettered, Unfettered, or Push. Rather than rolling a group of d10 equal to their psy rating, the Psyker makes a Focus Power action (length of action or type of action determined by that specific power).

For a Fettered Power, the character halves their Psy rating and compares this to the PT. If this number is greater than the PT the power is activated. There is no risk of Psychic Phenomenon.

For an Unfettered activation, the character rolls 1d100 against their WP + 5x Psyrating. If they roll a "double number" (ie 44, 55 ect) this activates a psychic phenomenon.

For a Push activation, the character rolls as they would for Unfettered, but can choose to add additional levels to the Psy rating up to +3. However, a Push activation always activates Psychic Phenomenon, and will at +5 per "level pushed" to their phenomenon roll likely invoking a more dangerous phenomenon.

Anything that increase a Power Threshold in Dark Heresy, decreases Psy Rating in Rogue Trader. A rough guideline is that for every 4 points of increase in Threshold, lower the psy rating by 1.'

Talents or other abilities that allow a bonus to Power Rolls (such as Discipline Focus) instead add to Focus Power tests. Each +1 bonus to a Power Roll translates to +5 to the Focus Power Test.

Play By Post Expectations

Spoiler: PBP Rules/Guidelines
    Show
    #In general I expect about a post a day to every other day in the IC thread per player based on what is going on in game and in real life. I will always be understanding of a player's real life responsibilities and situation, but I request that if it's something big that you PM or contact me to let me know that you won't be posting regularly. This is a game and is meant to be fun, so real life always takes priority, but I ask that you respect me and the other players by letting us know when you need time away so that the game can continue moving.

#As we don't have actual game sessions, I will be breaking things up into "Scenes" and "Chapters", which will be essentially equivelants to a game session and a story arc respectively. I will give out XP at the end of each Scene and XP can be spent at this time, as well as refill all spent Fate Points. I will give out extra XP at the end of a Chapter, and all Wounds and Fate Points will refill at this time. Equipment can also be requisitioned between Scenes or Chapters, except for when I say otherwise.

#I will always allot experience equally among players. Even when one player kills more bad guys or does the coolest thing, the experience will always be spread equally. This way no character gets way ahead of the others. That said, when one character does something cool enough to merit extra XP, everyone benefits!

#This is a collaborative game, and while character vs. character antagonism is okay at times, player vs. player is not. I strongly request than any character vs. character interactions are planned out and approved of ahead of time by both of the players. Again, this is supposed to be fun for everyone, and especially early on when the players are still getting used to each other, even a bit of teasing from one character to another can be viewed as disruptive or hostile.

#Unnecessarily gratuitous violence or sex will be dealt with "off screen". This is an over the top dark and violent setting and I will not steer away from the themes and topics of 40K, but I don't want this to be a chance for unnecessary racism, sexism or promotion of behavior that may make any other player feel uncomfortable or put down. If any player feels uncomfortable with a topic on the game, or another players actions, I strongly request you PM me, and I promise I will do my best to listen and to handle the subject in a responsible manner. I request that other players be respectful of this, as again, the point of this game is to have fun. To be clear though in case anyone is getting nervous, I will not steer away from describing the violence of the grim dark future. Brain particles will splatter and viscera will be spilled, but we won't be dwelling on rape or gratuitous torture.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-02-19 at 12:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)