View Single Post

Thread: Let's Build some PC Armies

1. - Top - End - #193

Default Re: Let's Build some PC Armies

Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
    The use of Disguise Self for infiltrations during a war scenario? Or did I miss something along the way? The wording of the spell implies that the person interacting with it realises it's an illusion. Even if you argue by that point they're already too close, how so? They've approached presumably the encampment guards and failed an identity validation, they are now at the front door of the enemy, significantly out numbered and probably not in battle formation. If they have been checked inside the camp I have to ask what the point of having that security measure only inside the camp is. If the other side is aware that DS is available, then it'd only be reasonable to screen their personnel through closely guarded passwords, languages and physical inspections at camp checkpoints (probably under archer supervision).
    I think you're talking about person A touching person B when person B is using an illusion, and we are talking about person A asking person B to bang B's own weapon on B's (illusionary) shield when person B is using an illusion. That's why we're talking about clipping and making fake clashing sounds.
    Last edited by MaxWilson; 2020-03-24 at 07:31 PM.